Saturday, June 24, 2017

Look Who's Eight (Almost)! (Oops looks like this didn't post correctly last night!) So this was Friday's post and Saturday's is below this one!




We celebrated Elijah's eighth birthday today after lunch.  We celebrated a bit early as he and his entire family will be on a mission trip to Poland on his actual birthday.  In the bottom picture I'm not sure if Isaac is singing to Elijah or attempting to blow out the candle before Elijah gets a chance to blow! I think he is actually singing...but it does look a bit suspicious!

Woody got up early and walked during a dry spell from Cindy.  We got lots more rain at various times during the day...but had no threatening weather, as in tornados, etc. Goosey (Woody) took Abigail to the orthodontist as she had a bracket come loose.  After the orthodontist appointment, Abigail and Goosey headed off to do our weekly errands.  They went to the library, Aldis, Kroger, and WalMart.

I got up and started to sew on a project that Elijah asked me yesterday to do for him.  He wanted an over the shoulder carrying bag for one of his electronic hand-held games.  He and I discussed what he wanted yesterday and then he helped me make a "sketch."  Last night I chose lettering to put his first two initials on it (EZ).  This morning I got busy trying to find the right fabric scraps and then attempt to make this item without a pattern.  I am a person who really likes to follow a pattern that someone else makes...but this worked out pretty well.  I worked on it this morning before Elijah's party and then again this afternoon.  I took it over to him a little before supper time.  And, it worked for what he wanted...something to help him keep track of it on their travels.  A few minutes ago, he brought me a shirt that needed some mending before it could be packed!  So I guess that this was an Elijah sewing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment