Monday, November 13, 2017

Busy Monday

It seems like I have gone in a hundred directions today.  I started off doing some much needed cleaning. Last night I decided that today I would do a thorough vacuuming of the fireplace hearth and move what was on it and put out Mr. Snowman.  The other day when I was looking for ribbon in my Christmas wrap, I needed to move Mr. Snowman out of the closet and decided that he wouldn't go back in...that I would just put him on the hearth.  He is a large...over 5 ft. tall stuffed snowman...who has sat on our fireplace hearth for quite a few winters. He blocks the cold air that comes in around our fire place doors.  He will sit in this place of honor till the cold temperatures go away for good in the Spring.  But I guess you can say that I have started decorating for Christmas!

I vacuumed a couple of rooms, started cleaning bathrooms, washed, dried and put away a couple of loads of wash, ran errands, made a pot of soup, and probably several other things that just aren't coming to mind at the moment!  I am about "done in" for the day!  I "may" embroider another Christmas ornament this evening. One of the reasons that I ran errands was to get some felt and polyfil that I needed to continue.  Since I am restocked on sewing supplies, I can continue my Christmas endeavors...if my energy level rises to that task!

Woody went to Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff and then visited with some friends.  He is feeling better, but still taking it easy.  He didn't walk today. He has read, worked cross word puzzles, watched TV, etc.

Tonight's photo shows the gingko tree that is in front of one of the Lutheran churches here in town.  I happened to drive passed it on my way home from my errands.  It is such a pretty tree!  And, the amazing thing about this tree is that in just a few days the tree will be totally void of leaves and its leaves will make a lovely yellow carpet on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment