Saturday, November 4, 2017

Challenged!



I got tickled after I wrote tonight's blog title...as I am challenged in more ways than one!  But tonight's title refers to a photo challenge on FaceBook.  I have been challenged for the next seven days to post a different black and white photo each day.  These photos are supposed to tell about my life.  There are to be no words added and no people in the photos.  Tonight's blog photos are the ones that I used for the first three days. What do you think?  Do you think that so far these describe me at least a little?!? The problem for me was trying to figure out just which of my thousands and thousands and...photos that I would use.  Then I just converted them to black and white and put them in a folder on my computer and there they await for the rest of the days.  We are also supposed to challenge someone else to do the challenge...that's the part that I don't like...but so far I have been a bit creative in the ones that I have asked...one is someone who I have never met, but she is a photographer...so seemed like the perfect challenge for her...she picked up on it right away and posted immediately.  Another is my "at times" cohort in crime when it comes to driving around the countryside taking pictures...especially of barns...so far she hasn't taken the challenge.  The third lives in Europe and I said that I wanted to see her countryside in black and white...a way that I could travel there with my eyes!  She did post a beautiful picture this morning.  So now to decide who I will challenge tomorrow.  Hmmmmm some of you are my FaceBook friends...

Woody got up early and walked in the fog...very dense fog.  After the library opened, he and I went to the library.  After perusing the library for a while, Woody took me to WalMart so I could pick up a few items.  I was looking for school supplies.  We are changing the idea of a "pounding" for our new pastor and his family...instead different classes in the church are making up themed baskets of items that the family could use...we're trying for them to not have sugar or mustard for the rest of their lives!  Our class is making a school supply basket to help thm out with their home schooling needs.  We've enjoyed doing it.  We are taking them to Sunday School in the morning to see if our basket has all that it needs.  We have each taken just a few items and will add those with the rest.  We had a good sampling of school supply items on our list so it should be a fun and useful basket for the family.  We will have the reception a week from tomorrow for the family.  Our new preacher and his wife have six children ranging from 13-year-old twin boys down to an 8 month baby girl.

I have managed to get two ornaments sewn out today.  And, after I blogged last night I met yesterday's quota too...so I am still just a bit ahead of schedule of my plan to make two ornaments a day.  Today while Woody was working on the laptop and I couldn't use it for my sewing, I did some more of steps needed in finishing the ones that I have already made...most are done except for a hanging string.  I think the ornament that I just finished completed the ones that I planned to make to send to Arizona...good to have the "long distance" ornaments completed.

I guess it is time to close down tonight's blog and head off to complete my attempt to change the clocks...we are falling back an hour tonight...which means that we move an hour closer to my sister in AZ!  I know that most don't like this particular time change...but for me it is my favorite...there is something about having to adjust phoning times, etc. for two hours that makes it more difficult...I look forward to being just an hour different for the next four months (not fair that savings time gets more months!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment