Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veterans Day 2017

We have had a fairly quiet day.  I have felt lazy almost all day...have only done a little of this and a little of that.  I did manage to get all the ornaments that I have made so far (24) completed and ready to give...well, as I typed that I realized that I have to put names and the year on the ones that we give to our neighbor grandchildren so at a later date I will come up with how I will label them this year!  I still several to make...but the list is winding down.  I have to make ornaments for our two oldest grandchildren and our two youngest.  I know what I am going to make for Erin and Isaac, but am still considering what I will make for Alex and Joseph.  Then there are a couple more for friends and then I will be done with ornaments for gifting this year.  I just completed another one to start newest stack of ornaments just stitched but not yet in ornament form.

Woody has stayed close to home today too.  He did attempt to go to the library and after getting there realized that they were closed for Veterans Day.  I started smelling onions upstairs a little before lunch time so went down to investigate. Woody had sliced onions and green peppers so I could cook them for Philly Steak Sandwiches for our lunch.  That's all the cooking that I have done today.  The rest of the day has been scrounge for leftovers.  Which reminds me that I haven't gone down to scrounge for my supper!  I got intent on finishing another ornament.

I have a big mess in the upstairs hall...reminds me that it is about time to decorate for Christmas.  I needed some ribbon to put on the gift basket that our class is giving to the new preacher and his family tomorrow and had to pull out my Christmas wrap from the Christmas closet looking for it.  Now I'm tyring to figure out if I want to put it all back or just leave it out since I will be wrapping gifts soon and...probably starting to decorate too.  Just don't know if I'm ready for that mess in the hall along with all my sewing mess upstairs!  I guess I may as well go on and say it for the first time this year...'tis the season!  I found my Christmas CD's when I was looking for ribbon and I may pull them out...I hadn't gotten in the mood quite yet for them as you can't hear the music over the noise of the sewing machine when it is embroidering...so had waited...but now that I see them and they are within arms reach... I don't know how much more sewing of ornaments that I will be doing the rest of the weekend as I am nearing the end of my supply of several things that I need and I never got enough energy to go shopping today...so will make do till Monday (as we don't shop on Sunday unless the "ox is in the ditch").  I guess I will go get a load of clothes out of the drier.  I did manage to get one load washed and dried...now to put them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment