Tuesday, November 21, 2017

T-Day minus 2

Today was roll day...2 1/2 dozen are now safely tucked away in a zip-lock bag awaiting the day of the big feast to arrive.  I have also chopped, sliced, and diced the celery, onions, and mushrooms for the dressing, made the topping for our sweet potato casserole and crumbled the crackers for the top of the broccoli casserole.  Woody made fresh apple cranberry relish and also made a cooked cranberry relish...both tucked away in the fridge. The cooking tasks assigned for today are all checked off the list!  

I did have school this morning with Isaac and Joseph.  Then it was get busy on the rolls and they were barely out of the oven when it was time for me to leave for my hair appointment.  After the hair appointment, I went to the Credit Union and then stopped at Kroger for a couple of things that we needed...the main thing that we really needed was the whipped topping for our pie and I felt that we needed another loaf of bread as what would Thanksgiving evening be without a turkey sandwich!

Woody has pretty much stayed in today until a while ago when he walked to the prayer room at church.  He hasn't returned yet.

The one thing that I haven't had time to do yet today is any cleaning...and I am not sure that I have enough ooomph left in me to tackle even the least of the jobs.  The first thing that I need to do is load up the dishwasher and let it do some work for us!  The kitchen looks like something exploded in it at the moment.  I want to get a handle on at least the kitchen tonight so I can mess it up tomorrow.  Tomorrow is "pie day!"  I like to make pies...but still dread the work that they entail.  When I blog tomorrow night, I hope that I can say that they are all sitting prettily on the counter awaiting the next day to have the first slices taken out of them!  I'm off to rest for a few minutes before I tackle the kitchen.  Gobble, Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment