Wednesday, November 22, 2017

T-Day minus 1

Note my helper with the pumpkin pies!  Esther did a great job stirring up all the ingredients for the pumpkin pies.  This was not a good day for pie crusts...I really struggled with all four crusts that I made.  I am wanting to blame it on the flour that Woody bought...a store brand that we had never used before.  I still stand by Gold Medal when it comes to making things like pie crusts.  I finally managed to get four pie plates covered with pie crust...but it took forever and lots of patches.  I seem to be more behind that I had wanted to be at this point...as I wanted all four pies on the counter when I came up to blog...instead I have two on the
counter and two in the oven.  At least pie making is drawing to a close...thankfully...hmmmmm something to be thankful for at this thanksgiving time!

Esther came over and put names in the turkey place card holders (turkeys made of k'nex by Graham several years back).  We keep them in a shoe box so they are at the ready when we need them for our family feast.  Esther had also drawn each family member a small picture of something that was either their favorite or that Esther thought about when she thought of them.  She tucked those into each persons place card holder.  Isaac and Joseph had their school time together again today.  Elijah came over too and did his school work over here while his mom and dad went to Kathy's foot surgeon.  Her foot is coming along as expected...she is still to be careful and keep it up a good portion of the day.  Nathan and Graham have spent their day laying tile in their kitchen.  I haven't had time to go over, but I have had reports that they are coming along.  Woody has pretty much stuck around the house today taking it easy.  His hearing is still not good.  I find myself about to holler at the children when I talk with them as I have gotten so used to raising my voice when talking to Woody.

Well, off to take the pecan pies out of the oven.  All other food tasks for today are complete.  I should mark a couple of things off the cleaning side of my list...but...not sure that I have the energy...or that my back will allow it tonight.  I figure that it is better to have food than a clean house on Thanksgiving!  I'll bet that there would be some groans if I were to tell folk tomorrow that I decided that cleaning was more important than cooking this year...so they could sit around in a clean house...but sorry about no dinner!!!!!  Elijah, Isaac and Joseph helped me find the Fisher Price Nativity boxes in the Christmas closet and also the cover for the coffee table...so that is ready for Thanksgiving tradition...something for the children to do either before or after we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment