Saturday, November 25, 2017

Small Business Saturday

When I started thinking about a photo for tonight's blog for some reason this one popped into my head.  I took it at my sister's back in 2010 when Woody and I went there for Thanksgiving.  This pilgrim girl was a part of my Aunt Lois' doll collection.  She made the pilgrim dress, hat, etc.

Today has been a pretty much "back to normal" day after all the festivities and feasting of the last couple of days.  I was glad not to cook anything today except to warm some things in the microwave.

Woody went to the public library and picked up a prescription for me at the pharmacy.  Later in the day I ran an errand...I needed thread for the machine embroidered ornaments that I still have to make and some quilting cottons to make a couple of gifts.  That was my support of small businesses for today...my Janome sewing machine dealer and the local quilt shop.  I have spent a good part of the morning and afternoon working on the last steps in my niece's Christmas gift.  I decided that I had better get back to work on it and put the Christmas ornaments aside since I need her gift for the Christmas box for Arizona.  My main goal at the moment is to get those gifts in the mail...soon!  I did make one Black Friday purchase...Isaac's Christmas gift...but did it online at a Black Friday sale rather than in an actual store.

Woody has watched one football game or another this afternoon.  He has also been challenging our old computer to Scrabble games.  He has also done some reading and of course his daily crossword puzzles.As soon as I hit "publish" I am heading back to continue putting the hem in my gift for my great niece, Julianna...completion of her gift is in sight.  It's about time for me to start thinking about decorating, too.  I guess I have been "thinking" about it...just not moving in a direction to get really underway with it.  But as I keep reminding myself...'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment