Monday, November 20, 2017

T-Day minus 3

Isaac and Joseph are really getting in the Thanksgiving spirit.  This morning they decided to use the Buddy Blocks...they look at a picture on a card and try to replicate with the various shaped blocks.  They made an elephant and an elephant head and then found the card with a turkey on it and decided that they needed to make that because it is so close to Thanksgiving.  They had a fun time having school time together this morning.  They each did "their own thing" and then they did some lessons together.  Since this is Thanksgiving week, I only did the school with the little boys and then got back to my Thanksgiving preparations.  I only had one thing to make today--the gelatin salad.  So we have at least one thing to eat on Thursday.  The rest of my preparations centered around just getting organized.  Today I got out the pans, casserole dishes, pie plates, etc. that I will need to cook the recipes.  When Woody shopped on Friday I didn't put away the items that I would need (except, of course, the items that needed refrigeration!) so those items are now with their dishes. I also pulled out a couple of serving dishes so I won't have to be hunting them last minute...and not being able to find the stainless ladle that goes with the gravy boat, etc!  I also did a little cleaning...trying to not have to do too much on any one day...I sort of laugh at that one...there is no way not to have to do "too much" by the actual day!  But at least I have gotten a little of this and a little of that done trying to lessen the load on Wednesday and Thursday.  I also decided on a roll recipe today.  I think it is the same one that I used last year...found another that doesn't use milk or eggs (Joseph is allergic to both), but when I compared them they are almost exactly the same.

Woody decided that it was time to go back to urgent care and see about his ears.  He got more antibiotic and some nasal spray and some instructions hoping to unblock his Eustachian tube.  He came home and showed me the instructions that the doctor sent home with him and asked if I noticed that the doctor said that he wasn't to help with anything!  Hmmmmmmm...Is that your interpretation of "get plenty of rest?"  Woody first went to the Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with other friends and then made his way to the urgent care center.  He was there quite a while.  While he was gone I cooked onions and peppers and minute steaks for Philly steak sandwiches for our lunch. By the time that he got home I had to rewarm things for him (guess by that statement that you might have guessed that I didn't wait for him!). This evening Woody went to Monday night prayer meeting.  Graham needed a ride to his Civil Air Patrol meeting...and Woody let him drive...first time for Graham to drive our white car and also, I think, the first time that he had driven at night...Woody is braver than I!  Graham mentioned as to how low our car is to the ground...he is used to driving their Suburban and their 15-passenger van!  Graham still drives quite slowly...Woody was a bit late for prayer meeting!

I think that we are settled in for the evening.  I'm going to go decide if there is something else to do this evening...probably should push the vacuum around a bit more before calling it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment