Saturday, November 18, 2017

T-Day minus 5

Not a lot that I can do to prepare for Thanksgiving five days out...turkey is thawing in the fridge...that is a major start!  When I got up this morning I decided that it was time to start my "to-do list" for food prep for Thanksgiving 2017.  I assign days to do certain tasks that can be done ahead so I am not overwhelmed when the actual day arrives.  I have last year's to-do list on my iPad so just needed to pull it up...only one problem...this year we are having Thanksgiving on the actual day and the previous years for some time now we have had it on either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving.  So I had to plug different days of the week in for the various tasks.  I got that done and started a "to-do" list for things around the house that need to be done.  That list will grow as the day gets closer and I think of things that need to be done.

Woody headed of to the public library for his usual weekly visit.  Later in the day he went on a four-mile walk.  He has also read, worked crossword puzzles and watched TV (football this afternoon).

I decided that I had better harvest some of our herbs as the temperatures are supposed to drop after the front goes through that is going through as I type.  So I cut basil, sage, parsley and tarragon, washed it, dried the leaves in the microwave, ground them up in the food processor, and stored them away in their herb containers...all put away now and the multitude of bowls, etc. are washing in the dishwasher...and most of the little pieces that landed on the counter have been wiped away. Tonight's picture shows the herbs after I dried them and before grinding them up.  Good job done...all the containers of these herbs now have a nice layer of brand new.  I will be using the sage in our dressing for Thanksgiving...so guess in that way it was a preparation for Thanksgiving!  Drying them in the microwave works very well and dries the leaves out quite quickly.  Our house has quite a distinct herbal smell at the moment!  Esther came over and said that something smelled good...I was drying basil at the time.  I told her that she was smelling one of the ingredients for spaghetti sauce!

I don't know what has come over our laptop...but it is behaving nicely compared to the last few days.  I will quickly publish this before it decides to change its mind and become a trouble maker once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment