Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Meeting Myself Coming and Going!

Here is the photo that I chose for day six of the black and white photo challenge on Facebook.  And, this picture portrays exactly the way I have felt most of the day...that I'm meeting myself coming and going just like these squirrels.

Woody is not feeling very well today.  He's congested and his ears and eyes are bothering him.  He must not be feeling well at all as he actually...on his own...decided that he would go to one of the urgent care clinics here in town...much easier to go there than to get in the car and drive 45 min. to an hour to go to our regular doctor.  He got a shot, some antibiotics, some eye drops, and some allergy pills...hopefully all those will get him to feeling better!  He hasn't moved much from his chair today except to go to the clinic.

Tuesday is an out of norm day for school.  Kathy has Bible study at church and Nathan takes the children and has juggling practice.  So Joy is the only one I had come over today.  She came over after lunch and after she got her regular school work done for the day.  She finished her paper pieced blocks and started piecing five inch squares together.

This morning since I didn't have school, I decided that I would do a little cleaning and then get back to work making Christmas ornaments.  I thought for sure that I would have two ornaments made before blogging tonight...but NO!  The one that I chose to do this morning is one of the more time consuming ones...by the time that I chose colors and made sure that I had bobbins wound with those colors quite a bit of the morning was already behind me.  Then the stitching took a very long time.  While I was stitching that one out, Nathan and Isaac arrived with an urgent need for Isaac...his upper front tooth had come out and now he REALLY needed a tooth pillow!  So once I got the ornament finished, I started on making him a tooth pillow.  I delivered it to him late this afternoon.  He rushed in his house and showed his dad and then headed upstairs to put it in a safe place.  He came back to report to his dad where the pillow is...as Isaac knows that it is important for his dad to know exactly where that pillow with the tooth will be when Nathan makes his way upstairs (and hopefully remembers) after Isaac is asleep.  I'm sure if Nathan forgets that Isaac will have no problem reminding him!  Isaac now has quite the gaps in his teeth...two missing on the bottom and one on the top...with, I am sure, another on top to follow soon.  Looking like all Isaac will want for Christmas are his four front teeth!

I'm not sure that another ornament will get made tonight or not as a book order for the church library arrived this afternoon so I need to do the first step in those before going to work in the library tomorrow afternoon.  I will have school in the morning so no time to work on the order tomorrow morning...so tonight it will need to be if that job gets done before I arrive at church tomorrow.

I think that we are both in for the evening.  I went to the drugstore down the street to pick up Woody's prescriptions that the clinic phoned in for him and I took the garbage out...I think that has my tasks to do outside the house done for today!  Now to eat some of the soup that Woody made over the weekend and attack the book order!  There hasn't been a lot of time for me to sit in my recliner today...I think I hear it calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment