Friday, November 3, 2017

November Blooms!


These two blooms surprised me...not expecting to see such beautiful blooms as November arrives!  Usually our first rose is the prettiest...and, often the only bloom on this particular rose bush.  Such a pretty one for a final bloom! The gerber daisy photo shows that the leaves are starting to fall. The Fall colors are really becoming vivid.  I think that I see a "need" for Woody to take me on a short excursion in the car to take a few Fall photos.  I hope that we can get away from the gloomy clouds for a couple of days.  I'm looking for a gorgeous fall-blue sky...and lately the clouds have been hiding it!

Woody got up before the rest of the household and went on his four-mile walk.  Elijah and Esther were ready for breakfast, I guess (I was still sleeping and they didn't wake me up!), so Woody took breakfast into his hands and made them pancakes and bacon.  They were happy campers when I came downstairs after being awakened by breakfast smells wafting up the stairs. After breakfast, they continued to play with the blocks that had gotten their interest last night and made quite a few other things.  Woody headed off to get our weekly groceries.  Around 10am our guests decided to head home.  They have been in and out at various times today as they continue to create with the blocks.  I put away groceries when Woody got home and decided that I would bake the ham that he got today.  I also deboned some chicken breasts and popped them in the freezer and made chicken broth with the bones.  So it has been a bit of a cooking afternoon for me.  I also did a little cleaning while he was at the grocery store.  I guess that it is good that I got ahead of my "schedule" for making ornaments as I have yet to find  time to make any today.  We have had a couple of quick thunder storms cross our path today and when the weather is unpredictable, I don't have my machines plugged in...so for a whle I couldn't make any ornaments and then when the weather cleared up, I was busy doing other things.  Perhaps I will set the machine to humming after I hit "publish" on the blog tonight.  Esther thought that it was funny that her "block man" made the blog last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment