Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Edging Toward the End of November


This is one of my all time favorite fall pictures that I have taken.  I took it on one of our walks on the Tullahoma Greenway...quite a few years ago.  I am considering having this enlarged to go over our couch in the living room.

Woody has just returned from making some visits to his Sunday School boys.  While he was out and about he also went to the prayer room.  Because he planned to drive to the prayer room tonight, he went for a four-mile walk this afternoon.  It has been a very pretty day.

I had school with Joseph and Isaac and then Elijah and Joy came over to read. Esther had her long time today.  She is getting sooooooooo close to finishing her apron...hopefully it will be finished by the time they do their holiday baking.  I think that she should be able to finish it next week.  I continued to get the packages ready to send to Arizona...I seem to be in slow-motion when it comes to getting them ready!  I keep getting interrupted by one thing or another that I need to do and then it takes a while to get back to working on them.  Mid afternoon I stopped and made a pot of Turkey Barley soup...the first time to make this recipe and we both say that it is "a keeper."  On Thanksgiving I wondered about my sanity when making turkey stock  right after our big meal.  But when it came time to make the soup today, I was very happy that it was all done and waiting to be poured into the pan to make the soup!

I have had to tend to some Sunday School duties today as this coming Sunday is our annual class Christmas party.  I had to email the class with the final details as a reminder.  I am thankful that we are having it at the church this year rather than at our house...seeing that I haven't "really" gotten a start on decorating.  Of course IF I had been having the party, I would be all decorated as I would have started early.  All I can say is that Christmas is fast approaching...I guess it is to be expected that time is flying...after all 'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment