Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday Comings and Goings

Today saw both Dorrell households up and at'm fairly early.  Nathan and Kathy left first.  They were heading to our local hospital for Kathy to have foot surgery.  Woody and I left just a bit after 7am and headed to McMinnville, TN as I had my 6-month check-in with my doctor for lab work and to see the doctor.  It started out quite foggy.
 The fog had pretty much cleared by the time we got to the doctor's office and blue sky was trying to peek through by the time we were on our way home.  We were on the road longer than my appointment took.  Kathy got home about an hour after we did. They didn't keep her at the hospital long at all.  I just texted with Kathy and she said that she finally woke up about 4pm and at this point wasn't in too much pain.  Abigail is keeping Kathy entertained...playing games and watching DVD's with her.  Abigail is very empathetic with surgical patients since she has been in their shoes so often.  I'm sure that she is treating her mama the way Abigail likes to be treated after surgery.  She has even cooked special for her.  Yesterday she came over here and made a surprise cheesecake for Kathy...and managed to keep it all a secret...or so I think.

I guess the morning of travel and seeing the doctor got to me as I wasn't worth much this afternoon...mainly read and dozed in my chair.  I'm feeling better after supper, but still feel like I could fall asleep very easily.

Woody has stayed in today after he got home from our morning trip.  He did his crossword puzzles which he didn't get printed off before we left this morning.  He has also read and watched TV this afternoon and evening.  He still can't hear and the TV is so loud it's about to drive me up the wall!  I told him that he should have taken the appointment to see the doctor and that I should have just gotten lab work!

No comments:

Post a Comment