Friday, November 17, 2017

T-Day minus 6

I had better go on and blog while the blogging is good!  Having trouble with the internet tonight...and also with our laptop.  I don't think that I dare wait for the length of time that it has been taking lately to download a picture.  And, as I typed that last sentence the internet went away.  I will go on and type and hopefully I will get it back on long enough so I can post. I will put a picture at the end if I can get one to upload after I finish writing and getting the blog to publish...then I will edit and add the picture...maybe!

Our Thanksgiving Day (T-Day) preparations have begun.  Today Woody got items on the list that we need for our Thanksgiving family feast.  I have all the recipes that we use at Thanksgiving in a notebook of our favorite recipes...so it is fairly easy to go through the recipes and add items we need to our grocery list.  I did a little double checking the list before Woody headed out the door to do our weekly shopping.  While he was shopping I cleaned the fridge.  Then I started a pot of soup, Ham and Barley.  I got the veggies cut that we had and just had to do a little more cutting once Woody got home with a couple of items that I needed to complete the recipe.  I imagine that this will be the last pot of soup that I make till after Thanksgiving. And, that  the next soup I make will be turkey soup.  Lots of cooking to happen here before that pot of soup!

After lunch, I took Abigail to pick up her new glasses.  Woody followed Nathan to the RV place in Manchester where they are going to do some work on the RV.  I did the last steps on the soup after I got back home.  Woody helped me clean up the kitchen after he got back.  He decided that today was a good day to get back to walking his four miles, as today was quite a nice day...but the weather is due to change over the next few days...rain and then much colder temps. Woody did say that the four miles seemed long today.

After supper tonight, we headed out for a treat...buy one get one free Blizzards at the DQ. We both decided to get into the Christmas spirit and had a Candy Cane Blast...pretty good!  We are now settling in for another quiet Friday evening in this Dorrell household.




No comments:

Post a Comment