Monday, November 6, 2017

More of My Life in Black & White


My 7 day challenge of posting black and white photos that tell about my life has moved on to Day 5.  I think that today's is pretty obvious as to the part of my life depicted...just two days of the challenge to go.  The hardest part of the challenge for me is picking someone each day to challenge!

I guess we continue to adjust to the time change.  The main thing that I have noticed is that it does get dark around 5pm now and that I keep thinking that it seems later once the evening gets here...guess my internal clock still wants it to be 7:30pm instead of 6:30pm...but blogging early due to this discrepancy in the time that it "feels" to me and "actual" time.

Woody probably woke up a bit early due to the time change and walked early this morning.  We are having above normal temperatures at the moment so it hasn't been quite so chilly in the
early hours.  He got rained on this morning.

I had a regular Monday school day.  Joseph and Isaac had their school time.  Elijah, Esther, and Joy read with me.  And, Abigail had her long time.  She is coming right along with her latest zippered bag...she decided to personalize this one so we used my machine to embroider her friend's name on the bag.  She should have this one finished with one more sewing session.  Isaac has been waiting for me to get him a notebook so he can start making a sewing notebook.  I bought him one the other day.  So one of the things that we did today was print a couple of pictures of him sewing the button on Goosey's (Woody's) shirt.  I need to go back a bit and find some of the first pictures of him sewing a button on.  He wants a Paw Patrol cover.  The other children have machine embroidered a design for their sewing notebook covers.  I don't have any Paw Patrol embroidery designs so I suggested he bring over some of his Paw Patrol characters and I will take a picture and we will put a photo on his sewing notebook cover...should be less time consuming and he should be happy!  Just trying to please!!!

Woody went to the Life Care this morning and had Bible study with Jeff and visited with other friends who live there.

I worked on several things for our Sunday School class this afternoon...the school supply basket for our new preacher's family that our class is giving came together great...everyone brought their item/s yesterday and I have attempted to get everything into the large basket that one of our members gave us to use.  Our Sunday School class is also in the midst of planning the annual Christmas party.  This year we are going to have the party at the church rather than at our house.  I just didn't feel up to putting a time limit on being decorated and ready for a Christmas party by December 3rd.

This evening I made one of our long time favorites...Ham Stuffed Potatoes...a glorified twice baked potato.  They really did taste good after not having them for some time. We are now settling in for a quiet evening.  I guess I had better think about cranking up my machine if I am going to make any ornaments today.  At the moment I feel too tired to thread the machine...but maybe if I just get started...









No comments:

Post a Comment