Thursday, November 2, 2017

Spend the Night Guests

Esther's creation with one of the building block
sets that we have in the toy closet under the stairs.

Watching Peter Pan after supper.

We have had a pretty busy day.  Woody started out the day with a six-mile walk.  I had a usual Thursday day of school.  Elijah had his long time.  He was joined by Esther and they both did experiments.  One experiment was finding out why leaves change their color.  It worked sort of...problem is that we should have done this experiment before the leaves started changing color...the chlorophyll is almost gone from the leaves as they are beginning to change color.  We will try this experiment again in the spring or summer.  But we were able to extract some of the color from the leaves using rubbing alchohol.

Esther and Elijah hatched the spend the night plan earlier in the week.  They wanted to spend a week night over here since they are on their Fall Break.  Fall Break has been declared next door while they concentrate on their renovations.  They got quite a lot accomplished...or taken apart today next door...part of the cabinets are moved out from the wall...boards that had damaged have been sawed out...dishwasher is now sitting in their school room, refrigerator and kitchen table are in the living room...I think that you get the picture!  Anyway, the children are enjoying a break from school and several...especially Graham are very much involved with the work.  We had quite the dinner this evening.  I tried a new pork chop recipe...Caramel Apple Pork Chops...I figured with a name like that the children should like them...which they did.  Woody made his new potato wedge recipe...so we both got into the cooking.  The dishes are washing.  The children are having their screen time watching Peter Pan.  Woody has been working at the dishes that didn't fit into the dishwasher.  I got other things put away and then I was ready to sit in my chair for a while.  Now I am in the sewing room with the children...they are watching Peter Pan on the little TV that I have in here to watch DVD's on...came in handy tonight.  Woody can have what he wants to watch downstairs and we can retire up here.  Elijah thought that he might fall asleep while he was watching the movie...he is one who goes full force...but get still for a couple of minutes in the evening and he is gone! So far he is still awake.  

This afternoon I worked on embroidering some more Christmas ornaments for gifts this Christmas.  I challenged myself to making at least two a day starting yesterday.  Yesterday I made two and today I made four...so I'm ahead of schedule...at least for the moment!  I don't know how  many I need...but lots more.  I will make a list as the time goes on.  Well, back to the slumber party!

No comments:

Post a Comment