Monday, May 14, 2018

End of School Year in Sight!

It has been sort of a head spinning Monday.  Woody walked early...getting ahead of the heat that the day promised.  I had school per usual with five of the seven.  Abigail didn't come over to read because Kathy's parents were leaving during her time.  Abigail gave Esther her long time today since Abigail was finished with her sewing project.  Esther finished the pair of pants to complete her doll's outfit.  So her sewing for this school year is finished.  So all have completed their long time projects for this school year.  Well...Esther still has her cross stitch project that she can work on during the summer if she chooses.  Elijah may want to do some summer science experiments.  We're also going to try to get the little boys to do some reading with me when they are in town so they won't lose what they have gained to this point!  Joseph is doing great sounding out short phonetic words and there is a neat app on my iPad that lets him do that so hopefully he will continue to do a little of that when he comes over.  Isaac is discovering that he can read a lot more books than he thought with just a little help from others. So I want him to keep that up.  We always have great plans to continue but then they are away more during the summer and we get out of the habit...but hopefully we can keep it up this year.  Their school year will be over Wednesday.

Woody went to the Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and then visit with the residents.  He spent a good portion of the morning there.  As soon as lunch was over, I made a grocery list and headed to the grocery store to get needed ingredients for a potato salad that I have been asked to provide for a meal after a funeral tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a two funeral and two ball game day.  The lady who died was a member of our church but had lived close to her daughter for the last several years.  She had been a member of a mission group in our church for years and the mission group is providing a meal for family after the grave side service.  I am not a member of the group but have close friends in the group so I volunteered to make a potato salad that they needed and I'm also going to sit at the church with the food while the ladies in the mission group go to the service.  Then one of Nathan's best friend's mother died over the weekend and her visitation and funeral is tomorrow afternoon/early evening.  And, then the girls' softball game is at 5:30pm and Elijah's baseball game is at 7pm.  There is also a going away reception for a longtime member of our church late tomorrow afternoon.  I'm not sure how many of these we will be able to attend!  And...I thought that my head was spinning today!

The potato salad is in the refrigerator...and, I made enough for us to have some too...so part of a meal is ready for us!  I got the kitchen cleaned up and the dish washer running and I am ready to sit down!  Woody had baseball practice and the Furnace Room prayer meeting this evening.  I talked with a friend while I put the finishing touches on the potato salad which.made that preparation less tedious!  While I was talking, Elijah popped in and then a bit later Esther, Isaac and Joseph came in, too.  Then I realized that it was time for their parents' phone board meeting for their non-profit organization, Reflecting The Truth Ministries.  The children were supposed to play outside and when it got dark they came over here till Kathy came and got them...a bit quieter for their phone meeting that way!  They played quietly in the living room while I cleaned up the kitchen.  Woody was enlisted to pick up Graham at his Civil Air Patrol meeting. It is just the two of us so now...it is feet up time! I'm not sure that I will be able to keep my eyes open to read at this point in our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment