Tuesday, May 29, 2018

In and Out

Alberto has been in and out this afternoon...we haven't had a ton of rain because the storm is to the west of us and we are just getting some of the swirling edges...so we get rain and then we get sun and a while later we get more rain and then the sun comes out.  The clouds are coming in again at the moment.  I hadn't had a storm affect me for a while.  My Transverse Myelitis makes me a human barometer at times.  That hadn't happened to me in quite a while...I had almost forgotten that it happened...until this afternoon and I guess the low pressure to our west was felt by my body causing a bad headache and lots of aches and pains all over my body for a while this afternoon.  It is better this evening...not totally gone...but less bothersome.

Woody got up and walked four miles early this morning.  He didn't go to the prayer room today because he went last night.  I got up and made muffins to take to the family of my friend who died on Sunday.  And, a good part of the rest of the morning was taken up with getting the meal for their family finalized.  I did offer to house sit for the family during the visitation, funeral and burial until the family gets back to the house.  That way I will be there to answer the phone and door and our Sunday School class can bring the food they are providing when it is convenient for them during the day on Thursday.  Tomorrow I will shop for items for the meal that other members have provided money for and I will cook the ham that the class is buying for the meal.  So a couple of busy days coming up.

In between rain showers, Woody went out and pulled a few weeds and did some other things in the yard.  I have stayed in and did a little with my sewing project...I had to retrace the collar pattern because I traced it on the wrong side of the fabric.  I am getting closer to taking the fabric pieces to the machine to start sewing them.  I still have to cut out a bias strip before I can make the piping.  I also did a load of wash and need to get it out of the drier after I blog.  We ate leftovers today so I haven't had to cook, which was good as when it was time to cook supper, I just was hurting too much to cook (good excuse?!?).  I could have done without the excuses to not cook today!  I didn't even feel like reading this afternoon so I watched some Home and Garden shows on my iPad.  Makes me want to get going on the kitchen plans!  If I could just find a free day to run around and ask questions of some possible remodelers...some day I will find that day!

Tonight's blog photo was taken on our barn photo trip back in April.  The Winton name on several of the headstones must tell about the family name common to the area...we were on Winton Road. This is one of those pictures that lets us see a barn then that probably isn't visible now due to heavier leaf cover now.  So many barns in the countryside around here are hidden during late spring and summer...only late Fall and Winter and early Spring give us a pretty clear view of most of the barns in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment