Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Getting Out Day!

Both our friend and our granddaughter got out of the hospital today.  And, I think that both of them have spent time resting after they got home.  I did talk with Erin this morning and she sounded like she was feeling much better.  She got out of the hospital (ICU) a little after lunch.  They had to see how her blood sugar levels were after she ate lunch. When they were good, she was sprung!  She was ready to get back home.  She said that she wanted to get away from the noisy hospital.   Melany had a first today...it was the first time that she had ever missed the last day of school in all the years that she has taught.  She will go tomorrow as Wade is staying home from work to be with Erin.  Tomorrow is a day without children.  She will get to say good bye to the children on Friday when they have a short day to get their report cards.  Melany was glad that she had already been working hard at getting her room ready for the end of the school year.  There is always a lot for teachers to do in their rooms at the end of the school year...but there is even more if you are an art teacher! She is hoping to be able to finish her room tomorrow, but she is guessing that she will have to go back and finish up over the long Memorial Day weekend.

Woody walked four miles this morning.  He also worked out in the yard today.  It has been a very summery day.  I continued to work on getting more fabric scraps sorted and put away.  I have a big stack on the guest bed that needs to be put away in the storage tub for solid fabrics.  I just didn't ever find time to get down on my knees to get it slide it all back in.  I have sorted through a plastic shoe box that has velcro, elastic, zippers, snaps, hooks and eyes, and bias binding.  It is neat...at least until the next time I rummage through it to get what I need for a sewing project. After lunch I headed to the library to work for a while.  Donna, Fran and I worked on processing some new books.  After I got back home, I was tired and took a little nap before it was time to pop supper into the oven.  I guess I was tired because I took another little nap after I ate supper.  I noticed that Woody was dozing when I went downstairs a little while ago.  I guess it is a lazy evening for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment