Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Lots of Comings and Goings


When I went looking for a photo for tonight's blog, I happened upon some of the signs that we see along the country roads when we are off on our barn photo trips.  And decided to share a couple of those signs tonight.

Sounds like we have a storm blowing in at the moment.  I have been hearing far off thunder, but now it sounds like the wind is picking up.  I checked the radar about an hour ago when I started aching sort of like yesterday...and, sure enough, there was a line of storms off to our west heading our way. And, now it is REALLY windy.  Guess the storm is getting closer.

Woody started our comings and goings early this morning when he walked four miles.  Later in the day he walked to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  My comings and goings started when I headed out to the grocery store to get things for the meal that our class is serving after our friend's funeral.  I picked up paper products and some other miscellaneous items plus the ham that our class is providing.  The ham is what became the problem...the first store didn't have any. The next had some, but I wasn't very impressed with the selection...too small.  The next store had only two to choose from and they were huge.  So on my way home I thought about another store and stopped there and finally found one.  By the time I got home it was time for me to head to the church to work in the library.  I quickly grabbed a bite of lunch and headed back out the door.  Woody was outside by this time working in the gardens.  He weeded and also dug garlic.  We have quite a lot of garlic on our kitchen counter at the moment. I went to the church and Donna and I worked on finishing up processing several new books so they are on the new book shelf ready to be circulated.  When I got home I got the ham into the oven.  I won't have much time in the morning to do much cooking-wise before I head over to house sit during the visitation, funeral and burial for my friend.  I had hardly gotten the ham in when a friend stopped by with a cake for tomorrow's meal.  Then not long after that another friend stopped by with another part of tomorrow's meal.  Our refrigerator is full to bursting! And, then a little while later another friend stopped to give me some money toward the miscellaneous items that I had bought. It was good to get to visit with friends I hadn't seen in a while!  The ham has cooled enough and I managed to get it into the refrigerator, too.  It's going to be interesting to get all this over to their house tomorrow.  I will take nonperishable items and  leave the refrigerated ones in our fridge and Woody will bring them closer to the meal time. Anyway, hopefully we will get this all figured out and the family and their friends will be well fed after they get home.

Well, the rain has arrived.  I think that tomorrow is supposed to be rainy too.  This should be good for the gardens...and probably the weeds too!  Isaac was out pulling weeds on Monday after our Memorial Day picnic.  I found out that the children can earn extra screen time by pulling weeds for "x" amount of time.  I guess that motivated him!.

No comments:

Post a Comment