Thursday, May 10, 2018

Good Game, Joy and Esther!

I just returned from the girls' softball game.  Woody didn't go tonight as he went to Elijah's practice.  Ball!  Ball!  Ball! in every direction that we turn!  I had to go before 5pm with Kathy and most of the crew as the girls had their team pictures taken tonight.  Because of the pictures the game didn't get started on time.  Graham had a Civil Air Patrol activity at one of the local churches and had to leave early from the ball park.  One of Graham's friends picked him up at the softball park.  The girls had a great game.  They won 13-6.  Joy got a hit and scored one of the runs...and, I think that she also walked and scored.  And both she and Esther made good plays fielding.  Their coach treated them to Dairy Queen so Kathy and the crew and I went to the DQ to wait on Joy and Esther to get their treats.  While we were there, Kathy got a text from Graham telling her that he was ready to be picked up from his meeting.  So we all headed out to their van and headed to pick him up.  And, after picking him up we headed home.  Quite a lot of planning goes into getting their family members from one place to another!  Nathan, Woody, and Elijah headed on home as our game ended as they were leaving their practice. Elijah was waiting for me when I got home from the ball park...he wanted to finish one of the science experiments that we started this morning.  Woody is watching TV and reading and I am planning to head to my chair to do some more reading.

Woody got up really early and walked six miles this morning.  I had school with the children.  Before Joseph got over here (Joseph's my first student), Woody had already left to take our Ford Fusion in for a recall...something about the steering column.  It was a quick fix.  Woody then went to the Credit Union and then made one grocery stop--Aldis, to have less grocery stops tomorrow when he does our usual grocery shopping.  After that he made a stop at the Post Office to mail a package.  I ate my lunch on the front porch watching the birds.  Later I was ready to rest my back in my recliner.  I read for a while.  And, then, before I knew it, or so it seemed, it was time to head next door to catch a ride to the ball park and for Woody to hitch one to ball practice.  Now we are home...ready to settle in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment