Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018


 We have had a very nice day.  I got up early and decided that I would take advantage of the large lemons that Woody had bought and make some fresh lemonade for our lunch cookout.  I ended up squeezing all the lemons and also zesting all of them.  I used the juice that I needed for the lemonade and then froze the rest in portions. I also froze the zest as ice cubes...all to be used as needed.  Most of the cooking was done except for last minute cooking...warming the beans, boiling the corn, boiling hot dogs (for the children who don't want them cooked on the grill), etc.  We took hamburgers and brats over to Nathan to grill.  The children helped Woody and me carry items from our house to theirs.  

Woody did walk six miles this morning and went to the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting tonight.  He also stopped in the prayer room at church to update a prayer request.


Speaking of that prayer request it is for the family of one of my friends who was taken last week to the hospital by ambulance.  I spoke with her last Thursday.  She wasn't well, but I had no idea how very sick she had become.  On Friday the doctors said that she needed to be kept comfortable in hospice care.  She was brought back to the Life Care Center here in Tullahoma yesterday for hospice care.  I got the message that she was back in Tullahoma at Life Care and three hours later I received word that she had passed away.  So sad for the family and her friends.

I have spent quite a bit of time this afternoon helping to make plans to provide a meal for her family and close friends after her visitation, funeral, and burial on this Thursday.  She was a member of our Sunday School class and we always try to help the family in any way we can in times like this.  She was a good friend.  I will miss her.

I started this blog post and got an invitation to go next door and have ice cream.  Woody decided that he didn't need ice cream since he had just had some watermelon.  But I headed off to enjoy an ice cream sandwich.  Sweet ending to this year's Memorial Day get-together.

We had some rain today...3/8".  I think that the rains are really supposed to commence tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment