Thursday, May 17, 2018

Rainy Thursday

The day ended up being rainy, but started overcast for our trip to and from McMinnville for my six month check-in with our personal care physician.  I didn't see her today as she was on vacation.  I met with one of her nurse practitioners.  I was in and out very quickly giving us two hours to get back to Tullahoma for Woody's appointment.  We got back in time for him to be able to walk to his appointment and of course he walked back too. And, the rain held off for his walk. It didn't start raining till after lunch, but it did rain quite a bit and stuck around for a while...and sounds like it may be starting up again.  Joy and Esther's game got cancelled due to the rain...so no ball game this evening.

The afternoon was so dark and quiet that I decided that it was a good afternoon to read and doze.  So I had a very lazy afternoon.  I did manage to get a load of wash done and in the dryer (now to get it out and put away!). And, I cooked a marinara sauce to go on angel hair pasta for our supper.  Woody decided to spend part of the rainy afternoon in the kitchen.  He made cole slaw (one of his favorite go-togethers is slaw and baked beans) and also a pan of brownies. His slaw is in the fridge getting cold for his lunch tomorrow. He cleaned up the kitchen after his cooking messes and I started cleaning up my cooking mess before coming up to blog. (A good excuse to rest from that job and go back later!)  I "plan" to go back down and finish cleaning up the kitchen shortly after I publish this.

I am teaching my ladies' Sunday School class this Sunday so I need to pick up my study materials and make heads or tails of that and make some sort of plans for the lesson.  I started the lesson while I sat down at the church on Tuesday waiting for food to be brought for the funeral dinner.  Now I need to get busy on it again.  Sounds like a plan for at least part of this evening.  Woody is reading and watching TV downstairs.  And, I am hearing more rain on the roof top...that sound might just lull me to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment