Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Not Sure What Day It Is!

This has been one of those days when it seems much later in the week than it is.  All sorts of things have happened yesterday and today.  One of our friends was taken to Vanderbilt by ambulance yesterday afternoon...got the call in the evening.  Then later in the evening Melany texted me that Wade, she and Erin were heading to the ER in Murfreesboro because Erin's diabetes levels were dangerously high.  So I did a lot of texting with Melany keeping up with that situation.  It looks like our friend at Vanderbilt will be heading home tomorrow.  But Erin is still in the hospital in ICU.  She is on insulin through an IV and she has to stay in the ICU till she is back on insulin from her pump.  Erin is feeling much better, but her levels are still not what they want them to be so she will be on IV insulin at least through the night.  When I just messaged with Melany, she said that Erin was feeling better and was doing what she loves to do best...writing her "book" on her laptop. She has been writing on this book for years and at this point it is VERY long...but she continues on with it!

I was up pretty late keeping tabs on the Murfreesboro hospital situation and then Melany texted me pretty early this morning to let me know how Erin was doing.  Melany did go home and get some rest this afternoon and is now back at the hospital going to spend the night there.  This is Melany's last week of school...I think that tomorrow may be her last day with students, then Thursday they have an inservice/pack up their rooms day, and on Friday give out the report cards.  Not sure how much of the week Melany will be there!

Woody walked to the prayer room at church early this morning since he knew that he would be at the ball park this evening when he usually goes to the prayer room.  I got up and decided that today was the day to tackle the fabric scraps.  All the small ones are now once again corralled in plastic shoe boxes sorted by color.  I have several stacks of larger pieces of fabric that I still have to put away in their storage boxes under the bed in guest room.  But it is a job that is almost done...and will stay done till the girls or I drag out different scraps for projects.  I started a new box today since the boxes were getting too crowded.  That meant that I had to find a spot in my sewing cabinet to put that and with a bit of rearranging I managed to find a place for it.  I am getting to the point that I will be able to think about a new sewing project to start.  I think that it is going to be a doll dress to practice a couple of techniques that I have learned in my Facebook sewing club.

We have just gotten back from Elijah's baseball game.  It was another 8-9 game...but this time we had the 8.  It was a good game...so close!  It was hot at the start of the game, but clouds finally blocked the sun and that cooled it off quite a bit.  I have a feeling that it had rained somewhere not far off to do some of the cooling effect.  The clouds looked like they might rain on the game that is going on now...hopefully not.  The ball season is drawing to a close...just as school ends...that never makes sense to me.  I think that Elijah has two more regular season games and then a tournament...so just a couple more weeks of ball for him.  The girls didn't start their season as early as the boys so that season goes a bit longer.  They had a game last night.  Their team won despite not having Joy and Esther there to play.  They were in Arkansas at an Upward's end of the year banquet.  They drove back all the way from the other side of Little Rock today...they started out really early and pulled in about an hour before Elijah and Nathan needed to be at the ball field.

I guess that this day is about to come to an end...and I think that I have finally figured it out that it is Tuesday and not Thursday or Friday!  Now if we can just get everyone out of the hospitals!

No comments:

Post a Comment