Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Hints of Summer

Well, school is over so that is the first hint of summer's approach...and then there is the temperature that is another hint along with pop-up showers along with humidity.  Summer is definitely on its way.

Woody worked in the yard or more accurately in the street.  He decided that the city wasn't going to come along and sweep up the last of the leaves and debris that were at the edges of our street so he took it upon himself over the last few days to deal with it himself.  He swept, raked, and shoveled the debris onto a tarp and dragged it off to a refuse pile.

Isaac and Joseph came over at the same time today and each did a little with me for about thirty minutes.  Their family needed to get on the road to head off for a gig today.  So school was over in a blink!  I then had library work to do.  I needed to get the latest order ready for us to work on them today during our work time at the church.  I also got a doctor appointment time changed.  I have my six-month check-in with my doctor tomorrow...but it had been changed for me to see someone else in her office because she was going to be away.  They neglected to tell me that the time changed as well.  When I got my email reminder I found out about the time change.  It was only a half hour change and under other circumstances it wouldn't have been a problem.  But tomorrow Woody also has a doctor appointment.  My appointment is in McMinnville about 45 minutes away and his is here in Tullahoma.  We needed time allowed for me to see my doctor and then have 45 minutes to get back to Tullahoma to see Woody's and the later appointment for me made it just about impossible.  I called to see if we could work out something else and they had an earlier appointment...even earlier than my original appointment so we will be heading off to McMinnville quite early (on my first morning that I don't have to set an alarm for school...will have to set one even earlier than usual).  But there should now be plenty of time for me to get my appointment in and for us to get back to Tullahoma for Woody's.

After lunch I headed off to the church for our weekly work time in the library.  On my way there I stopped at our pharmacy to pick up a prescription for me.  Then after we worked I headed to WalMart to get some over the counter medicine that I was out of.  I now have all my prescription medicine bottles packed up to take with me tomorrow.  My doctor insists on seeing my current prescription containers (with meds in them)...which in my opinion is bothersome!  But I do it to conform to her rules!  I have them next to my purse so I hopefully won't forget them in the morning.

After resting and reading for a little while after getting home from church and WalMart, I went downstairs and cooked our supper.  I am now ready to rest and read some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment