Wednesday, November 11, 2020

0 for 2

Tonight's photos are in honor of our Veterans. On the last leg of our barn trip Monday, we came to a stretch of the highway that was lined with flags and crosses. Each flag and cross was there in honor of a United States veteran. It was a really long stretch of road as you can see in the panaramic picture shows. Each of the crosses has a veteran's name on it, what branch of the service he served in and which war he fought in. I put up the one that my zoom lens managed to capture from the far lane of the highway. I was pleased that it was fairly legible. Today we salute all the veterans both still with us and those that are just a memory and thank them for protecting our freedoms. Now...to explain tonight's blog title! Once a month Woody has an appointment with one of the nurses at Fresenius Kidney Care Center. This appointment takes place the week before Woody sees Dr. O. They get the data off our thumb drive that records information from the cycler machine for each of his treatments. And, he has blood drawn for labs prior to seeing the doctor. We got in the car all ready to head off and at the turn of the key in the ignition...nothing. I had told Woody that I had had it hesitate starting on me a couple of times in the last month or so but we hadn't ever looked into it. So we got out of the car and headed to our other car. I went inside to get that car key while Woody made his way to the car. I told him that I was concerned about it starting since we rarely use it these days. But he was sure that it would be fine. Well...he turned the key and again that "nothing" sound. So we were 0 for 2 in getting our cars to start this morning. I put in an SOS call to Nathan and Kathy. And, Nathan headed our way with jumper cables. We just stayed in the green car and he got it started first and we headed off leaving him to get the other one started. We were only a little late for our appointment and I had called them to say that we would get there as quickly as possible. We left the car running while we were in there for our appointment...because of the car running they worked really hard to get us out very quickly...I think that we were there less than ten minutes. To keep the car running, We ran an errand to the Credit Union. Then Woody took me home so I could get my camera and took me back to capture an image for tomorrow night's blog. I'll leave you guessing! It was quite warm when we returned so Woody enjoyed sitting on the porch for a little while...very balmy and just a slight breeze. That slight breeze was blowing in a cold front and the temperature began dropping not long after we headed inside. I got Woody connected for his treatment and then he had lunch. I went outside to empty the compost and check the mail (forgetting momentarily that it is Veteran's Day and no mail...we are creatures of habit!). When heading to the mail box a familiar van drove up. The occupants asked if they could come in and visit for a few minutes...that Joseph wanted to visit. They came in all masked...but soon a very toothless grin came out from under his mask...Joseph has his first grade smile...both front teeth are out...so he can now say that all he wants for Christmas are his two front teeth! Here's his maskless, toothless picture:
In all the confusion I almost forgot to call Donna for our weekly "library" chat. But managed to remember an hour late...better late than never and I will remember that today is Wednesday because of our phone visit! Got to keep those touch points to keep us on track in our weeks during this Covid pandemic time. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I will end with a photo of Woody enjoying the front porch. He's framed with fall dogwood leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment