Thursday, November 12, 2020

Most Beautiful Tree in Town...and Just Possibly the Second Most

This multiple trunked Gingko tree is absolutely breathtaking when it is in its full golden splendor. This is the tree that Woody took me home to get my camera and then went back so I could take a picture of it. One amazing thing about this tree is that one day it is standing there in all its glory and the next every leaf will have fallen off. Here are some photos that I took other years of this same tree...showing it in its splendor, showing one leaf to see its unusual fan shape and then one where all the leaves are gone.
One of the times that I was photographing the tree there was someone there that knew some of the history of the tree. He told me that the reason that it has so many trunks is that when it was small someone mowed over it and when it came back up it had multiple trunks. Whether this is the most beautiful tree in town is probably a matter of opinion...but Woody and I both choose this one as our favorite. Just a block or two from this tree we came upon the following maple. We have watched it over the years as it was across the street from where we used to come out of our neighborhood when we were heading toward WalMart or Kroger. It has always been such a vivid color that it attracts attention. This year I was amazed that it was almost a complete sphere and that its lower branches reach almost to the ground. It looks like a giant orange ball sitting in these folk's yard! This was taken from the moving car so I didn't realize that I had a telephone pole right down its middle till I looked after I got home. Not the best composition for a photo...but it still gets this tree's roundness across! We have had quite the day today...well, mostly Woody's adventure with me at home wondering when he would get home. Nathan came over to blow our leaves again since the leaf truck has been spotted in our area and we want as many leaves raked to the curb in our yard as possible. I asked Woody if I should ask Nathan to take our white car to get its battery checked and get a new battery if needed. Woody said that he would rather have him to get gas as both cars needed gas. So I asked Nathan if he would do that with his dad and he agreed. Isaac chose to stay with me and play with things in the toy closet until they got back. They were gone longet than I expected them to be. Finally Nathan came in with the key to the green car and said that Woody was at Auto Zone as the car wouldn't start for Nathan after he got gas for it. So off they both went Auto Zone. After getting there Woody told Nathan that he would take it from there and that Nathan could take the green car back and be on with the errands that he had been planning to do. (Reason that Nathan drove the white car to Auto Zone was that he was driving that one and it was easier for Woody to not have to change cars but the one time at Auto Zone.) Nathan told me what had happened and where Woody was so I just went on with getting Woody's dialysis treatment set up so it would be ready when he got home. Well, he didn't come home and didn't come home...Finally just a little before 1pm Woody got back. He had been sent on a wild goose chase. Auto Zone no longer removes batteries and puts the new one back in. So the lady sent Woody some place else that he had never heard of, but the lady told him that it was just past the blowling alley...well, it was not right past the bowling alley. And, he couldn't spot the name of the place along that area of the road. So he started stopping at varous businesses in the area to see if they could tell him where it was...finally the third place of business directed him to the right place. When he got to the business, they didn't have the right battery for us so they had to call Auto Zone and get one from them!!!! Woody got more exercise in that little excursion than he has had in a very long time! But we do have a new battery! Hopefully that will be the end of our car sagas for a while! While he was off in search of a battery I decided that it was time to move the boxes of dialysis solution on the far wall in the living room to where we get them as the one shipment is depleted in that strength of solution. I think that there were 16 boxes...maybe more now that I think about it as there were three stacks of them...anyway they weigh quite a bit...but the job is done so the new shipment cam be placed on the far wall when they are delivered this coming week. My back isn't the happiest with me tonight...especially after I made sweet 'n sour chicken for our supper...quite a bit of cutting up of meat and veggies. But it is done, we have had supper, leftovers are put away and the dishwasher is doing its job. I am going to post this and head for my recliner and the heating pad! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment