Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Second Taste of Thanksgiving

Tonight's Thanksgiving taste is one of our favorites...Sweet Potato Casserole with a pecan/brown sugar topping. We both enjoyed a helping this evening. I think that it is time to move from the "orange theme" of Thanksgiving = pumpkin and sweet potatoes. I wonder what I will make tomorrow! Tomorrow Woody has an appointment to see his nephrologist at the Fresenius Kidney Center. I need something for what I "think" that I will make either tomorrow or the next day so we plan to stop at the store on our way home so I can run in and get it. Woody has done his usual today: read, watched TV, maybe played a game or two of solitaire, worked, a couple of crossword puzzles, and rested in his recliner. He is well on his way into today's dialysis cycles and as we can usually report these days all is going smoothly. I put away the dialysis supplies that were delivered yesterday. This afternoon I called Donna after I got Woody connected for his treatment. We had a nice "library" chat...actually we did mention the library briefly along with catching up with each other. This afternoon I put together the sweet potato casserole and then cleaned up the kitchen. I think that the rest of the evening until it is time to disconnect Woody from his dialysis cycler machine I will either read or do a little cross stitching. My eyes have quit itching once I stopped working on the afghan. I will run it around in the dryer perhaps with a damp towel and see if it will take away any loose fuzz and dust that might have lingered in it over the years. Then I will try working on it again. If my eyes get to itching again then I will put it away once again...at least I got the word "APPLES" on it this time when I got it out! I need to be doing some other things anyway. I must get busy on the Christmas stocking that Melany cross stitched and asked me to sew it together into a stocking. I've just been looking at her pretty work laying on my cutting table...planning in my head just how I want to finish it. Just haven't gotten up the energy/motivation to get started on it yet. Melany found out yesterday that her school (probably her county) has decided not to go to school at all next week. They are taking two of their "snow days" and trying to have the children and teachers stay at home and get or stay well! I surely do hope that Thanksgiving holidays don't start up an even larger outbreak of Covid once everyone goes back to routine after being with families and away over Thanksgiving week. Woody and I plan to stay as close to home as we can. It was stated on the Huntsville station tonight that probably when you are shopping at the grocery store there are six people in the store that have Covid and have no idea that they have it (This may have been a statistic for their area in Alabama...but I bet it holds true for lots of other areas of our country as well.). We are starting to hear about more and more that we know who have it. I'm ready for this to all be over! How about you? Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment