Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Eighth/Last Thanksgiving Taste Plus Lagniappe!

Today's taste along with being the last taste of Thanksgiving for this year (for the cook) is probably Woody's favorite. We started with my favorite pie, pumpkin, and ended with Woody's favorite, pecan. I'm glad to say that the Thanksgiving cooking is finished for this year! Now for the explanation about the "lagniappe" part of the title. Woody and I learned this word on our New Orleans trip back in 1994. For those not familiar with "lagniappe" pronounced "LAN-yap," it means "a little something extra." Today's extra = Sourdough English Muffins.
My sourdough starter is going great guns and is super active so wanted to make a recipe that needed it in its active state...a lot of my sourdough recipes just use discard/unfed starter. These English muffins had no yeast in them to make them rise and they did great! I froze most of them, but had to sample one and left a couple of others in the bread box. Pretty yummy! That baking was not planned for my Thanksgiving cooking...just " a little something extra" = lagniappe! We have had a usual Wednesday and by saying that it means that I actually know that it is Wednesday which means that I had my weekly "library chat" with Donna. I was ready to sit down and have a reprieve while talking to her! After talking to her I headed down to finish up the pecan pie. It is on the counter cooling...Woody is waiting patiently for his first piece! Woody is in the midst of his daily dialysis and so far all is going smoothly. He was watching TV when I passed through the family room a little while ago. We have had quite a bit of rain today. The rain is supposed to be ushering in some colder air. We have certainly had a mild November...so far. Can you believe that Christmas is a month from today!?! Guess I had better get back to work on finishing the Christmas stocking for Melany! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment