Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Another Wednesday Rolls Around

I took tonight's photo last week when Marie and I went on our Apple/Barn trip. I took trying to attempt to capture the wind that Hurricane Zeta had left with us. But it is rather hard to capture the wind! But the tall grasses are pretty and bending just a bit and being blown towards the right as you look at the picture! Today has been a pretty routine day...at least as routine as our days get these days. I got up and made Woody high protein pancakes...enough for three days...so two more breakfasts are prepared for and ready for him to take out of the fridge and pop into the microwave to warm them. Shortly after I got the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher, I got the dislysis supply inventory list that I made last night and called to order his supplies for another month. The Fresenius organization seems to be a very well oiled machine. Everytime I have ordered it is an easy process. So the ordering job is done for another month. The supplies will be delivered in two weeks. Woody made his own lunch today...a BLT. He cooked the turkey bacon (I have found some that doesn't have additives) and made his own sandwiches...something that got him be up and moving prior to being connected to a machine for the rest of his day! While he was making his sandwich I got a call from his Fresenius social worker. She was checking to see if he had gotten a survey that she needed him to take. We hadn't gotten it yet, but when I checked the mail after her call it was in the mailbox. He filled it out while I was doing the setup for his dislysis. I got him connected for today's dislysis treatment and then I had my weekly "library" chat with Donna. We got caught up with each other...we always have good talks...and our talk keeps me grounded as to what day it is! It is so easy for all the days to just run together since we continue to mainly shelter at home and don't have too many touch points that say "today is..." I have continued on with my going through things...both straightening up things, packing things away more tightly, and also throwing away things. I cleared some more things off the long table in what we had called our schoolroom/office...guess it is now just an office. I'm about to the point to give the top a good cleaning...something that it hasn't had for a while since it was covered with Montessori equipment. I'm about ready to try it out for what I think its new use will be. I began a new book this afternoon...I have already "gotten into it." It is The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek. It is about pack horse librarians in the Kentucky Hills that started due to FDR's New Deal. And, as I said it has already sucked me into the story! I have been reading less lately due to all the "going through" things that I have been doing. Plus at this point having read 102 books this year, I am a bit weary of reading. Woody has done his usual routine...came upstairs one of the first things this morning to print off his crossword puzzles (LA Times and USA Today have daily puzzles.)and read eamil and check a couple of websites, finished his puzzles, had breakfast, watched some TV, done some reading, played a few games of solitaire, etc. He manages to fill up the hours of his days whether he is having a dialysis treatment or not. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! When do you think we will know who our next President is?!? Patience is the name of the game...and, with Covid 19 we should have this game of patience down pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment