Monday, November 23, 2020

Sixth, Seventh, and Repeat Tastes of Thanksgiving

Yesterday's taste (6th taste) was the cranberry jelly...just had to open a can. Woody asked for that with his Thanksgiving taste choices for yesterday's lunch. I made a repeat of the fourth taste of Thanksgiving and made more sourdough rolls yesterday...I just had to have some! Today I made an unusual taste of Thanksgiving...lasagna...again, a request from Woody. He told me that he would just as soon have lasagna in place of turkey...so that taste is finished and has been enjoyed for tonight's meal. Woody actually told me it was "good"...an improvement over "ok!" I am almost through with the planned tastes of Thanksgiving. All that is left is the pecan pie...and probably a repeat of the third taste as I didn't make a lot of mashed potatoes and that is something that tastes good to Woody (and me!) so they are gone. I will plan to mash the rest of the potatoes that I have...some day this week. I am starting to weary of cooking and being in the kitchen. I told Melany that I would get started on making the stocking today and that hasn't happened...at least not yet...but I'm pretty tired tonight. We got a call from the Fresenius Kidney Center today making an appointment for Woody to go in this coming Monday for a check on how the dialysis is doing. He will sort of get a day off from dialysis on Sunday...sort of...he won't go through the cycles like normal...just before bed we are to set up the dialysis machine and do the first till and then disconnect him and leave the fluid in over night. Then the next day he goes to the center for around 5 hours and they check how well the fluids are cleansing his blood. It is called a PET test. Always something on the horizon! So far today his dialysis is going smoothly. He still has several hours to go. He has been reading, doing crossword puzzles, playing solitaire, and watching TV...his usual daily routine these days. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment