Friday, November 27, 2020

Getting to be " 'Tis the Season" Time of Year...Again!

I guess as the Christmas season begins, I will post photos of red and/or green barns. Maybe as we get into December and a little closer to Christmas I might change and post something more Christmasy. Today I took all the Fall off the front porch and replaced them with snowmen. I'm not sure how much decorating I will be doing this year since our living room is a storage place for dialysis supplies. I do know that I am not going to put up our big tree. Today I got to thinking about our corner tree that I haven't used in a while...it might come out...not sure yet. I am checking out what is closest to the door/front of the Christmas closet...seeing what things are there that won't disturb all the boxes that are in the closet. I don't think that I want to go through all the puzzle packing of boxes to get everything back in twice this year! I will see what I can unearth that I can use without breaking out all the boxes/mess! I did get the Christmas stocking done that Melany needlepointed and then brought to me for finishing. It is now a stocking...ready to hold some surprises from Santa! Melany, Wade, and Erin are stopping here tomorrow to pick up the stocking on their way to Nathan, Kathy and family's new abode. They are going to have lunch together tomorrow. We had a quiet day yesterday. We enjoyed tastes of Thanksgiving at lunch and then lasagna for supper. That fare is fast disappearing...looks like I will have to do some cooking soon! I have, at least, had a few days off from cooking. Woody is well into today's dialysis treatment. He is watching football...which has me totally confused as to what day it is...football on TV has made it feel like Saturday (could have felt like Sunday except we didn't have church). I got my Christmas CD's out and popped the first of my Christmas listening in just as I got ready to blog. Josh Groban's "Noel" CD is the winner of being first listened to in this year's 'tis the season. I will have to gather the Christmas DVD together and start watching my favorites before long. We received our first Christmas card today. It featured their children on a divided Zoom screen! Definitely a reminder of 2020! And, who will ever forget this year?!? Due to the pandemic it will be a different year for celebrating...but the reason for the season won't change! We will celebrate Christ's birth Covid or not! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment