Saturday, November 14, 2020

This is What Happens When...

When I am stitching I lose track of time! My "plan" each evening is to head to the laptop and blog each evening at 7pm. I was still downstairs at 6:30 cleaning up the kitchen, etc. When I came upstairs I started back to my cross stitching and all of a sudden realized that it was almost 8pm...oops! I have put aside the afghan that I was starting to stitch on and working on another small project. I'm trying to figure out if perhaps the fuzzy nature of the afghan might be causing a bit of problems with my allergies...one of my eyes is itching constantly...so have put the afghan aside to see if the itching ceases. I have had this type of thing happen before with various textiles and fabrics...not sure this time. Today was grocery shopping day for me. I attempted to get everything that we might need for our Thanksgiving dinner for two...but was unsuccessful in the area of a turkey or turkey breast that would fill our bill of fare. There were only three choices at Kroger (Woody said that next week will be different) and all contained too much saline solution...so I will patiently wait and perhaps check out another store...though I am trying to limit the number of stores that I enter. We both said that it won't be the end of the world if we don't have turkey. Woody said that lasagna would be fine with him...and I did get ingredients so I can make that. Lasagna and turkey side dishes? ummmm...doesn't sound too tempting to me! But I have been thinking about just making the different sides during the days prior to Thanksgiving either this coming week or Thanksgiving week...and just enjoy them when I get them made. We will see! I'm still going to hold out for a fresh turkey breast that hasn't had a lot of saline solution shot into it. I didn't find a turkey, BUT I did find toilet paper! I can't believe that once again toilet paper is disappearing from the shelves! Kroger was fairly well stocked today...no shelves totally empty. I also got paper towels that have been hard to find also. I have to have those to dry my hands on when I am setting up Woody's dialysis. I got home not long before it was time to get Woody's dialysis set up. I got the frozen and refrigerated items put away and then got the first phase of connecting him...just getting the machine set up. While the solution was warming up, I worked on getting more groceries put away. I didn't get them totally put away till after Woody's dialysis treatment for today was underway Woody has watched TV, read, done crossword puzzles, etc...his usual daily routine. After I got everything put away and ate a bite of lunch, I headed upstairs to collapse for a while. It took a while for me to revive and be able to even pick up a needle to do any stitching. Woody is well into his last cycle for today's dialysis treatment. I will be hearing from him in an hour and a half or so that the treatment is finished and it is time to disconnect him for today. Treatments continue to go well. We will find out how well when we see Dr. O. this coming week. This coming week we have a dialysis supply delivery scheduled and the next day we see the doctor and Woody's kidney care team. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment