Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Day 2020

The moment that the polls closed in a few states the channel that Woody was watching in the family room and I was listening to from the kitchen immediately told that AP had already called two of the states--Kentucky and Vermont. I wonder if more have been declared since I came upstairs and stopped listening. Unless I ask Alexa or check on my iPad or am downstairs I won't know much about the election as we only have the one TV. I will walk through the family room every so often and see what is happening. Out of curiosity about what information Alexa would give me I just asked her for "my election update." She gave me quite a detailed run down! I guess my interest in social studies (my education major in college)keeps my interest up in election returns...no matter which way it is going. Elections just intrigue me. I just am hopeful that we won't see unrest once it is known who the winner is...I am hoping for peace for our country no matter the outcome. Am I an optomist?!? Woody has worked his crossword puzzles, read, and watched TV today. Now he is settled in for the evening to see what the results of this election will be. I managed to get through all the items in the one storage tub and have its lid back on and it stored back under the table. I went through a few things in a couple of the other tubs...but not a lot and snapped their lids back on and slid them back too. So the floor is cleared of tubs once again and most cross stitch magazines are stored away, too. I do have one set of magazines to go through. They are sitting on the child's table in the room in their magazine storage boxes. Now to decide where I am going to put them. I still have things on the table that I want to put away so I am not finished in there yet but getting closer. I should be sewing...need to finish my pants so I can get busy on the Christmas stocking that Melany brought me to finish. After I blog I have to go take inventory of Woody's dislysis supplies as I have to phone in an order tomorrow. It seems like all I do is turn around and it is time to order supplies again. The next order will come two weeks from tomorrow. This afternoon I spent quite a bit of time knocking down boxes from the solution and other supplies so I could put them by the road for recycle pick up tomorrow. Woody's dialysis has really been going smoothly lately. It is taking about 8-1/2 hours for the 4 cycles. And, he is finishing around 9:30pm most nights...nice to have it done before bedtime and not have to wait for it to finish. Of course, we are starting as close to 1pm as possible which means that I start getting things set up around noon. It takes up most of the day. But as Woody says...he isn't doing a lot in the afternoons and evenings except sitting in his recliner either reading or watching TV. He seems satisfied with our current schedule. Since I had done so much cooking yesterday and Sunday and didn't feel like making the Cranapple Crisp that Woody had requested, I told him that I would make it today. It came out of the oven a little while ago. We have both had a bowl and it was very tasty. The kitchen is cleaned up. I just have to put these last dessert dishes in and then run it and my kitchen duties will be done for the day. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment