Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Our First Taste of Thanksgiving

I decided that I would call the way we are doing Thanksgiving this year as "Our Tastes of Thanksgiving." Today I got our pumpkin pie made and it is sitting on the counter waiting for me to cut into after I publish tonight's blog. (Mignt not be a long blog tonight!) And, it is one of the prettiest pies that I have made in a while...the pie crust seems to be good once again...for some reason I have struggled with pie crusts in recent years after perfecting them years ago...still haven't figured out what the problem has been...hope that the streak has ended! It was nice to just make one pie today instead of the usual four that I make for our family Thanksgiving (2 pumpkin and 2 pecan). The proof is in the eating rather than in looking...so the truth about this pie will be found out in a little while. I connected Woody a little early today since I had a haircut appointment at the time that I usually am connecting him. I got my hair cut and not long after I got home the Fresenius delivery man called saying that he could deliver our supplies today rather than early in the morning...sounded good to me! So new supplies have been delivered. Woody has now been on dialysis for three months...I guess that shows that time flies when you are having fun and even when you aren't! In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday and in other ways it seems like it has been forever! I got the pie made and have the kitchen mostly cleaned up. I guess it is time to head down and cut the pie...my mouth is watering for my first taste of Thanksgiving! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment