Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday...Again!

Tonight's photo was the first barn we came upon on our latest barn trip. This barn was on the road that connects the road that is right behind my house with the road that we took towards Lynchburg and Fayetteville. The horse chose to pose for us. Today has been a day of doing a little of this and a little of that and a little of something and a little of nothing! The Hasty's stopped by and we exchanged items. We had borrowed some books from them and they had a pie pumpkin for us. I will cook the little pie pumpkin that I bought at the apple orchard along with their larger one and be sure of getting a good pie and then some out of the two of them. I have that on my to-do list for upcoming Thanksgiving cooking. I have also worked on my grocery list for my Krogering day tomorrow. I need to get whatever we are going to have for Thanksgiving as I only go to the grocery store every two weeks now and two weeks will be after Thanksgiving. I'm trying to figure out just what Woody will and won't eat...I don't want to be left with leftovers that only I will eat! I have most of what I need...don't need to get a whole lot...at least I don't think so at the moment...more may be added to the list before I go...or I will find more that we "need" once I am at the store! I decided that I needed to have some chicken noodle soup so made some this afternoon. I showed it to Woody...he said that it looked edible...so we will see if he ends up eating any or not. I find that we aren't eating many vegetables these days as Woody gets full on the protein that he is supposed to get each day and doesn't want extras on the side. And, I don't want a lot of any one vegetable for myself...my favorite way to eat veggies is in soups. The carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms, herbs along with my homemade broth and chicken and some noodles all made a tasty concoction that I enjoyed for my supper. Woody had a tuna salad stuffed tomato...so that was good too and emptied out another container of leftovers in the fridge. Woody is having some allergy problems and has a lot of drainage that seems to be causing him some nausea. I told him that I was glad that didn't happen to me as I have drainage 24/7 365 days of the year! If nausea was part of it for me...then I "should" be skin and bones...nope! He thinks that he will feel better once we have a hard freeze...whatever! Woody took notes today on the steps for setting up his dialysis. It will be good for him to know how...but there is an awful lot of moving around involved in doing it that won't be easy for him since he's using a walker to get around these days. But it will be good for him to know how...as it is not good that I am the only one who knows how at the moment. He has spent his day in the normal way...crossword puzzles, a bit of computer time, tv, reading, and perhaps resting his eyes a bit. I have started back on some handwork. Last night I worked on stitching out the word "APPLES" on the afghan that I have been working on for years. This is the one I mentioned the other night that I have lots of different cross stitch patterns picked out to stitch in the various squares on the afghan. I am attempting to do the stitching the 17th century way...reversible...so the stitches look the same on the back as they do on the front (letters will be reversed, though!). I am slowly picking up that method of stitching and I am pleased with the way these letters have turned out so far...I have a "P" and the "L" and the "E" and the "S" finished. Maybe I will get the other "P" and the "A" finished tonight. Then I have to decide what else is going to go in this square...maybe I should have centered "APPLES" in the square and moved on to the next...but I didn't so something needs to be stitched under the word. I have something planned for that area...planned years ago...but things like this are always subject to change!!! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment