Saturday, November 21, 2020

Fifth Taste of Thanksgiving and a Wedding!

Today I got up and started in making my dressing recipe...made lots of changes...doubt that I could replicate it again...so will enjoy it this year. I made it with some of the sour dough bread that I made that one time didn't come out the best...too dense so dried it and froze it waiting for Thanksgiving cooking. It seems to have worked. The base beside bread in this recipe is made up of onion, celery and mushrooms. This year I also added a Granny Smith apple and a red apple and some golden raisins. It tasted pretty good to me. Woody ate a spoonful and said that it was "okay." That is about all I get out of him these days about how he likes things. I ended up having each of the tastes that I have made so far at either lunch and/or supper. Woody had my homemade chicken noodle soup and a spoonful of dressing at lunch. And, when given all the choices of the tastes of Thanksgiving tastes for supper, he chose from the freezer an ear of corn and some onion rings...go figure! I guess I can say that at least I am enjoying the tastes of Thanksgiving! I got the dressing into the oven and then went upstairs to tune into our friends' son's wedding via livestream. Last night I figured out how to get to their livestream so I would know this morning. I got to the place on the website where I can click to watch it and I clicked and immediately got a message that my computer couldn't play that type of video. Let's just say that I was not a happy camper! About that time Carolyn called and asked if I was watching and I told her my problem. She told me to come over so I turned the oven down on my dressing and headed out the door. I got there in time to see the part of the ceremony when the preacher started talking. So got to see the wedding. Thank you, Carolyn. So now I can say that I have added another experience to our sheltering at home during the pandemic...a cyber-wedding! When I got home it was almost time to get Woody connected for his dialysis...we got that started on time, too. He is well into today's treatment, but still has a couple of hours to go. It's a long day for him. He says that it isn't too bad till it gets to the fourth cycle and then time seems to slow down...it starts getting old by then! Once again I have had quite the mess to clean up...so five days of Thanksgiving tastes and five days of Thanksgiving kitchen messes. But the kitchen is all cleaned up...for now! The lights are out and the kitchen is closed for the day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment