Friday, November 6, 2020

Help Arrived!

Just as I was getting ready to connect Woody to his dialysis cycler, I heard some noise outside and looked out and saw three munchkins attacking the leaves in our yard...Joy with a rake, Elijah with the big leaf blower, and Joseph with a rake. They did a great job and had them blown to the front of our yard along the curb. Now we have some leaves ready to be picked up if the leaf machine happens to land on our street. They got the whole front yard and the driveway behind our white car blown off and the walkway swept off...so for the moment the yard looks all clean and neat...just give a day or so and it will be blanketed again. The leaves have only just begun to fall! After they got finished, they came in for a short visit along with Kathy, Graham, and Esther. The boys picked up the K'nex that I had found in the school room and Joy and Esther claimed all their art work and art supplies. After the girls got what was theirs then I loaded the rest in our art supply storage tub. And, just like that...the top of the file cabinet is empty except for unused file folders (their spot so we can get them easily) and the decorations from the dining room table that will stay there till I pick up my fall decorations. I am still "thinking" about moving the books...energy isn't there today to do that much back and forth moving of books! Last night I continued to clean out cubby holes in my needlework cabinet. I decided what little cross stitch project I am going to work on. Today I gathered up the supplies that I would need to stitch it (the fabric, embroidery floss colors, and a needle...my embroidery scissors reside on the little table next to my recliner and my magnifying dazor lamp is next to my recliner also...so I am set. I'm hoping to put in a few stitches tonight. The other project that I planned for last night isn't small...it is quite an undertaking. It is an afghan...that has squares on it just waiting to be embelished with cross stitches. I started this project years ago. I have six small squares all stitched with different types of apples...this was started back in my apple collecting days. I found all the graphs in the needlework cabinet...all stacked up just waiting for me to be inspired again. The next thing that I did was decide which one I was going to stitch first...chose the easiest...the word "APPLES." And, found the one color of floss that I would need...a deep red. Then I had to locate a notebook that shows me how to do a special type of embroidery that will allow this afghan to look the same on the front and back...that was my notebook that instructed me in how to do 17th century embroidery back when I stitched a replica of the Loara Standish Sampler I read through the insructions and the memory of how to do them seemed to come back...we will see once I begin doing a little stitching on that. The designs that I have put on this afghan so far were done using this type of stitching so I hate to come in now and have the back of the afghan look messy. I'm sure that I will work on this for a while and then set it aside as I did before. It is perfectly okay to use as an afghan as it is...so I will put it over a chair in the guest room and pick it up now and then and try to eventually finish it to the point that I have planned...let's just say...a lot of stitching is planned and each "picture" has apples in it in some form or another. I know that Woody enjoyed the visit from "the farmers" (formerly known as "the neighbors"). It was good to get to see them...a little change of pace of just seeing each other! Once again Woody's dialysis is going smoothly...I am so glad to get to report this "same ol', same ol'" pattern to his dialysis hours. When he started dialysis and we had so much trouble I wondered at times if I would ever be able to say that things were going smoothly! So glad to be able to sound like a broken record each evening when I report on how things are going here on the blog. Again he is in the final cycle of today's dialysis and should be finished around 9:30pm. Be safe! Be well! Be content! And...be patient with these s l o w election returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment