Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Barn Trip Tara Moment

I think that those of you who are Gone With the Wind fans will understand tonight's title. We saw the big house up on the hill with the columns and all three of us thought of Tara. Marie said that I had to have a Tara Moment blog photo/title! Marie moved us from place to place down below this mansion but we could never get a clear view of it, but I think that it can be seen well enough to get the gist of what we saw! The entrance to the home is padlocked off...you can view the gate/bar and the padlock in the first picture. We had to use our camera lenses to get as close as we possibly could...and move the car from spot to spot trying to get a better glimpse of it. Just one of the fun "discoveries" that we found of yesterday's barn trip. I have been looking at photos most of the day. I have had fun playing with exposures, etc. with my iPad photo app, but I can't share those on the blog any longer so these have had the bare minimum done to them...brightened a little, saturation adjusted a little, and sometimes a bit of a crop. I will try again to bring the ones that I have fooled around with on my iPad, but the last time they just wouldn't transfer well over here. So I doubt that I will be able to get them transferred over here. And, my photoshop software and this laptop just don't seem to like each other very well these days. I try to adjust them with it and usually the laptop shuts down after I have done one or two...yesterday it wouldn't even let me save one...and when I have several hundred it isn't much fun to have to keep restarting the computer after I work with each photo! While I was transferring the photos from my four cameras to the laptop/Passport external drive, I got to wondering how many photos I have taken with my four cameras. I have never reset the numbers on the cameras so I looked at the last photo number from each camera today and did a little math. Panasonic has set up the numbering at 1,000,000. So I subtracted 1,000,000 from each of the last numbered photo on each camera...and, can you believ that they totaled up to 961,844! Now, that doesn't mean that I have taken that many good ones...many have been deleted over the years...and truthfully many more need to be deleted as I fear that I am close to running out of room on my Passports...and unfortunately I checked the other day and I don't think that I can buy newer Passports with more storage space because the newer ones aren't compatable with this laptop. I really need to resort to going through and deleting lots to make room for more! That's a get-around-to-it type of project that will happen "one of these days!" Woody has spent his usual time today working crossword puzzles, watching TV, reading, and resting. Tonight we had one of his requests that hadn't been on his list of foods that he could eat for several years...tuna stuffed tomatoes. He said that the tomato was the best part. It was one of the tomatoes that I bought at Bain's Orchard. I will agree the tomato was very good as well as the tuna salad! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment