Monday, November 30, 2020

Yesterday...Shirt Sleeves...Today...

Today...brrrrrrr and snow! This photo was taken out our bedroom window just a few minutes ago...not best conditions to take a picture...but I think you get an idea of what our weather turned into! You just might think that December is almost here! Now...I'll add my red/green barn photo of the day:
This is the barn that has a beautiful quilt painted on its barn doors...but the back has this star and the fence surrounding it has Christmas lights on it...so truly a Christmas barn! Today has been a busy one for both Woody and me. We had to be up and out of the house before 9am to get Woody to his appointment at Fresenius Kidney Center. They were running a test today to see how well his dialysis is cleansing his blood. I saw Woody in the door and then I headed off to the grocery store. That is always quite an undertaking and today I had a cart with a mind of its own! Tiring to have to keep herd on the cart...it just didn't want to turn when I wanted it to turn and when it did turn it turned wide. I probably should have changed it out except when I realized the problem I already had quite a few groceries in it...but the more I put in the more cantnakerous it got! But I won and finally got checked out and the groceries into my car. Woody was at the kidney center from 9 until almost 2:30 and during that time I hardly sat down...really the only time I did sit was in the car and when I was setting up his dialysis machine so it would be ready for him when he got home. I put away groceries and did a little more decorating...and, I wasn't going to decorate! I just feel like I need to have a little Christmas cheer around the house. The problem will be when I go to put them away and I will have to remember which boxes I have taken things from! I am trying to put a post-it note on each box that I have used something from...but not sure that will be all that helpful! I sort of see a big mess when it is time to dismantle! I still haven't decided if I am going to put up the corner tree. I left home a little after 2 and stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a new weekly pill reminder for Woody. His got knocked off the table the other day and somehow it broke into many pieces. He now has one with slots for AM and PM meds. I may be interested in getting one of those myself! Right now I use two...a white one for morning meds and a blue one for evening meds. Might be nice to have all the slots in one container. I'll see how it works for him. Hmmmm...if he doesn't like the way it works, I guess I could trade him the ones I have for his new one! We had an old family favorite for supper tonight, Stack-A-Dinner = layer of rice, green peas on top of the rice, meat sauce on top of peas, some grated cheese on top of that and then a few green olive slices sprinkled on the top. We hadn't had this in years...tasted pretty good. Now I have the kitchen to clean up, but I decided that I needed to sit for a few minutes and rest my back...so decided to blog. Think that the recliner is still calling me. I don't have to be in any great hurry to get downstairs to clean up...Woody's dialysis treatment got started two hours late so we will be up much later tonight. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season! Bidding farewell to November!

No comments:

Post a Comment