Tuesday, December 1, 2020

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Tonight's green barn is appropriate because we woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground...so our first day of December looks and feels a bit like Christmas...it is cold...Woody has been cold all day and can't get warm. I just took down a third heavy throw to see if that will help him warm up. Being cold is part of dialysis and also part of anemia...he can't win for losing! I have spent most of the day working on what Christmas decorations that I am going to put out this year. I told myself that I would only do a bare minimum and definitely have done (so far) a lot less than usual, but probably more than I really meant to. But I decided that I "needed" to be surrounded by some of my Christmas...just to make things seem more normal! I can't take the boxes out of the living room, but I can still put Christmas out in there to cheer things up a bit. I have done some deep cleaning today...which really needed to be done...so that bogs me down in the decorating department. I have about run out of steam for today. It is beginning to look a lot more like Christmas...still a ways to go. I am leaning more towards getting out the corner tree and putting it up in the living room...it means moving a corner curio shelf and then I am not exactly sure that the tree will fit in that corner and not block the window...I need to be able to open and close the curtains on that window. I can see the tree box in the closet now...but more will have to come out to get to it. I will miss our big tree, but maybe the corner tree can takes its place this year since it has been about six years since we have had it out. If I do put up the corner tree, it may be a challenge for me as I have never put it together before. Graham was always the one who put it together ever since the first year that we got it. Woody is more than midway through today's dialysis treatment. We are back on schedule. We shouldn't have to stay up till midnight like we did last night! I have to go take inventory of his dialysis supplies this evening as I have to call to order more supplies tomorrow morning. It seems like we just got new supplies...well, we did...just two weeks ago. I order two weeks before the delivery...so it is that time again. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment