Thursday, December 17, 2020

Christmas Pleasures: Christmas Cards

One of Woody's favorite times of the day is getting the mail...that used to be his job and he didn't want anyone else to get it but him. Now he has delegated the going to get it to me, but he still looks forward to what might be in the mailbox each day. These days there is less and less communication by mail so lots of times it is just ads...except...for Christmas time...both of us look forward to hearing from friends far and near. I have a special basket on the stairs in which I place our cards. One of my blog readers needs to note which card is on the top today...it finally made it..."just" took ten days to get from AL to TN! Woody wanted to make sure that you knew that mail from Alabama comes by mule...but it finally did get here! I talked to Connie last night and she was wondering if her card had arrived because so far no one had gotten her cards that she had talked to. The other ironic thing is that yesterday the card we sent to her was returned to us stating that it was undeliverable and couldn't be forwarded...and, we checked and everything on the envelope was legible and it was the correct address! The Post Office neglected to cancel the stamp so today I put it back in the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow...maybe it will eventually get there! We had a busy morning. I got up and made Woody some of his protein packed pancakes (say that ten times fast!). Then we got ready to head out the door around 9:30 for his 9:45 appointment. The parking lot was full so we had to park some distance away...but eventually did get to park closer as folk left. We sat in the car for more than a half hour...brrrr! Every so often Woody would turn the car on and the best thing was that it turned the heated seats back on and that kept us warm for a bit till he turned the car on again. Finally we got called in. Today the doctor wasn't in the building Woody had a virtual visit with him, but saw the rest of his team...social worker, nutritionist and one of his nurses. Everyone was pleased with his progress. Finally his hemoglobin level was in the range that they want it...so I guess eating the extra protein and the iron and the anemia shots must be working. We'll take it. It looks like everything is going along very well...all we talked to seemed pleased. We were home in time for me to set up today's dialysis! He has been connected since 1pm and once again everything is going smoothly. I was tired so put aside my cooking plans till I rested for a while. About the time I was ready to head downstairs I got a couple of phone calls...'tis the season calls from Melany and Cheryl. I talked to each of them for a while and then headed downstairs to start making meatballs for spaghetti. We ate a little bit later than usual. I have started getting the mess cleaned up...dish washer is at least running and some dishes are soaking waiting for me to get back down and clean them up. I guess clean up is worth the product...sometimes I'm not sure! I'm tired today after two doctor visits in a row! Woody unbandaged his arm today after he had the mole removed yesterday...quite a cut. He said that it hurts some, but that it felt better after he removed the tight bandage. Well, I guess it is time to head back to the kitchen. We do thank those of you who are on our Christmas card list. We really do enjoy receiving them from you and thinking about each of you!'Tis the season! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious. We heard on the news today that Tennessee has the highest rate of new Corona virus cases. Don't like to hear that...but it is obvious as each day we hear of someone else that we know who has the virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment