Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Early December Wednesday

I, once again, spent most of the day decorating. The living room is close to finished. I have dusted and polished and also vacuumed...trying to get everything ready for all the decorations...things are gleaming...at least for the moment! Woody spent a good part of the morning upstairs at the computer. I think that he did a little present ordering and also made the first draft of our Christmas letter. After lunch and getting Woody connected for his dialysis, I made my Wednesday "library" call to Donna. We had a nice chat, as always. She filled me in on how things went with our church service, as Sunday was the first time that we met back in the sanctuary since back in March. Woody and I "attended" but virtually as we continue to shelter at home as much as possible. So we knew that the service as such went well, but didn't know how it went for the congragants sitting in the pews. Our church has been having "drive-in" church since late March. That went very well. Now praying that all goes well and all keep healthy while going back inside to worship. AFter I talked with Donna, I went back to my decorating. Not too long after I got downstairs, I saw a head go by our window on our driveway and not long after that a couple of heads popped inside. Kathy, Joy, Esther, Elijah, and Joseph worked outside on the leaves and Abigail and Isaac came in to see me and help me out. I decided that it was a good time to get some help with the corner tree. I had unearthed the box last night so it was easy to get to. I went upstairs and opened the box and handed branches, poles, tree stand, etc. to Abigail and Isaac and they marched them downstairs. Once they were all stacked in the living room, they sorted them and then proceded on to put the tree together. We all three "fluffed" branches! I can once again say that I have never put this tree together, but this time I can say that someone other than Graham did it. Once I got all the rest of the living room decorations out, I started to decorate it. I still need to locate the ornament box that has the ornament hangers in it. So far I have only hung the ones that have their own hangers. I talked to my sister and she said to just go buy some new hangers, but I continue to try to limit my trips to WalMart or anywhere in town so will look a little farther to see if I can't unearth the ones that I have. I know that they are all at the top of one of the boxes that contain Christmas tree ornaments. Woody is a good way through with today's dialysis. He has been reading and watching TV and perhaps doing a little resting of his eyes. I ended up resting my eyes a bit when I sat down after supper...they just wouldn't stay open. Once I publish tonight's blog, I will head back down and hang a few ornaments and tidy up the kitchen and run the dishwasher. Then I plan to finish a book that is going to be whisked back into cyberspace tomorrow or the next day so I want to get it finished. I haven't been reading as much lately. I have been cross stitching in the evenings and watching what is called "FlossTube" on YouTube on my iPad. Various cross stitchers sit and talk about stitching...some about techniques and others just about ALL the projects that they are stitching on. I marvel at how many things that they have started and may or may not finish. And, I thought that I had a lot of cross stitch books and leaflets...not so much according to what I am seeing. I am enjoying getting back to handwork. I also have plans for getting back to my machine, too. I need to do that pretty soon as I have plans to do a couple of things before Christmas...better get busy...but first I want to finish my decorating! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment