Monday, December 7, 2020

Here We Come a Caroling

My Williamsburg carolers are out in full force! The photo on the wall behind them is one I took on our last trip to Williamsburg. That trip we stayed in one of the historical homes and we spent the time strolling the streets of Colonial Williamsburg with me snapping lots of photos. I focused on architectural details...rooflines being part of that and this was my favorite photo of quite a few rooflines in one area. I can easily picture Williamsburg at Christmas, as one time quite a few years ago, the owner of Montessori and I took a trip to Williamsburg for The Grand Illumination. At the time one of her daughters was a student at William and Mary. From the time her daughter enrolled there, Pat and I said that we needed to make a trip before she graduated...and we did! I have lots of very fond memories of quite a few trips to Williamsburg...just about my favorite historical place to visit. Today has been a pretty busy day. Woody had a 9am appointment at Fresenius Kidney Center this morning. It is the appointment that is scheduled for a week prior to seeing Dr. O. Today was pretty routine. He did have one new experience...an iron shot...more like an infusion given with a syringe through a little tube...it didn't take very long but it did take longer than just a shot. Neither of us remember him getting this particular "shot" before. After we left the kidney center we did a little errand running since we were out and about. One stop was at the Post Office to get Christmas stamps for our Christmas cards. Woody usually does our Christmas cards and he did them once again this year. My only part in it was going into the Post Office to get the stamps (not an easy place to social distance...the lady behind me kept moving off her "mark" which made me want to move on forward more quickly. It was a busy time at the Post Office...probably these last days prior to Christmas will all be busy. My other job was to put the cards in the mail box after Woody got the stamps on them. My sewing workshop is going full swing. When I am sewing I lose track of time...was just a bit late getting Woody's dislysis going today as I didn't realize how late it was...the morning got thrown off due to having to get up and leave. My machine has run most of the afternoon. This year I have both my sewing machines going...my main machine is set up for machine embroidery and my other machine is set up for sewing. So I am embroidering on one machine and then taking the items into the sewing machine to do the next step...the last step is a bit of hand work. I am in mass production...so working assembly line fashion! Woody didn't get his crossword puzzles till this afternoon as going to the doctor got in the way of him coming upstairs to print them off. I printed them off...a trial of patience! He must really want to work these puzzles to go through all the hoops on the internet to get them to finally print (just saying!). We are hearing of more and more who have tested positive for Covid. Please...be safe! Pleasd...be well! Please...be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment