Thursday, December 3, 2020

A Christmas Farm?

Tonight's barn I am showing from the front and the back. We first came across this barn and could only see it through the brambles. Marie took another turn in the road and we came upon the back...not only was it green but it had a quilt block on the back of the barn and another bonus...a red side building...definitely a Christmas farm! Today has been a busy day. Woody mentioned that he needed a prescription picked up and wanted to know if I wanted him to pick it up or me. I chose me as I needed a couple of other things at the pharmacy. I found all four items that I needed and was in and out very quickly. Then I returned the books to the library that Woody was finished with. By the time that I got back it was time to get Woody's dialysis treatment set up. Woody spent a lot of time upstairs once again today. He was Christmas shopping for the grandchildren on the computer. After Woody ate lunch, he started in on signing and addressing our Christmas cards (one of the things that I found at the pharmacy). He continued with that task for the first part of his treatment. I have talked to Melany and Cheryl on the phone today. Melany called with the news that the student teacher who is teaching with the other art teacher at Melany's school has Covid. So Melany's fellow art teacher and the student teacher are quarantined. Melany is a bit concerned as she figures that this is possibly the closest that she has been to someone who has Covid. Melany has been masked when she has been around her...mostly...except for at lunch. But the amount of time that she has been with her doesn't make her be in quarantine according to the school policy. Melany and the art teacher covered for the other art teacher's classes today. Now the big question is whether they can get a substitute for her...substitutes are scarce as I am sure they are most places. I would NOT want to be a substitute teacher this school year! Cheryl supplied with the spelling of a last name that we needed for our cards and I supplied her with an address that she needed. I made a pot of soup that Woody had been wanting...Spicy Vegetable Beef soup. Pretty good...but what I made to go with the soup has my bigger approval...Cheddar Chive Sourdough Biscuits. It was time to make something with the sourdough starter or throw some of it away so I decided to make something. Kathy and Nathan had stopped by the other day with some extras from some groceries that they had been given and the offering contained some chives...perfect for this recipe. I liked them. Woody chose to fill up on the more high protein item on the menu...the soup! I have only had time to do a minimal on my decorating today...polished a little more furniture. Last night I did get the corner tree decorated. I decided to use just hand or machine stitched ornaments...I had the perfect amount to decorate this tree. I will start posting pictures of the decorations once I am finished...hoping to finish tomorrow...of course, I had hoped to finish today! Oh, well, we don't have much else but time on our hands...so I will use it one way today and another way tomorrow! 'Tis the season! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment