Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Tonight's carolers have wandered a bit away from the town and are walking in a winter wonderland! Today has been a time for me to work on Christmas. I got the assembly line sewing done last night. And, today I have gotten a couple of others that aren't assembly line work ready for the next step for finishing. I also worked a little on the Christmas needlepoint piece. I know that it is Wednesday, as Donna and I talked this afternoon. We actually did talk a bit of library today and then caught up on what is happening with each other and our families. It was nice to stay home and not have any appointments that would make us leave. We continue to hear of Covid cases among our friends. I'm almost afraid to breathe!! I'm glad that we have continued to pretty much shelter at home...no sense taking chances. I'm sure that Woody was glad to not have to head out today. He has spent time in the sewing room (ha! ha!)...using the laptop to print his crossword puzzles and to check on the things that he checks on the internet. He has done most of our Christmas shopping online this year and almost daily we have had some delivery person leave something on our front porch...I find a box when I head out to check the mail. I think that most have arrived now. At this point we have not noticed a lag in arrival of items ordered...in fact, some have come faster than normal. It looks like all the delivery services are trying their hardest. We even had a package delivered on Sunday and we haven't asked for anything except normal delivery on packages. Once again, Woody's dialysis treatment seems to be going smoothly...so glad to be able to report that instead of 100 alarms a night and it taking hours longer than it is supposed to! I am working on taking photos of our Christmas decorations as it is probably obvious since I have been sharing them each night the last few days. Oh, and I missed announcing that I had done 4000 blog posts...so I will announce that tonight's is the 4005th blog post. I don't think that I ever thought that I would still be blogging this many years after I wrote my first blog! The first week in January will mark the end of 12 years of Dorrell Delineations and the start of the 13th year. In some ways it seems like a million years ago that I started and in others just yesterday. But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since I typed my first words! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment