Friday, December 4, 2020

Christmas Invite

Come on into our Christmas surroundings! I can sit in the striped wing-back chair and feel surrounded by Christmas. It makes me feel all warm and cozy...like all is right with the world! Reality sets back in if I sit on the glider loveseat on the other side of the room. I will show you another evening as the picture that I took earlier is blurry. I'll have another try at getting one tomorrow. Let's just say that I can't see any dialysis boxes when facing the way I took the picture tonight. That may change when the next deliver comes next week. I hope that all will fit where they are now, but if not the corner behind the loveseat will once again have boxes. At one time the corner where the corner tree is had dialysis boxes as did the corner behind the loveseat as well as the wall that you can't see in this photo. I miss our big tree but am very happy with the way things are this year...different is good...sometimes! I wasn't sure if I would have all the decorating done or not before I blogged tonight. I spent the morning in the kitchen...Woody has high protein French toast for a couple of days. And, it was time for me to make the next "batch" of breakfast sausage. That is all made, flash frozen, and in a bag to be able to get out sausage when he wants it for breakfast. Clean up took a while. By the time I got it cleaned up it was time for Woody to have lunch and for me to get his dialysis treatment set up. I have to do the set up an hour to forty-five minutes before we want to connect him as the solution has to warm up and it takes a while to get to the point in the set up for the heating unit on top of the cycler machine to start heating the solution. We have come to the conclusion that it takes about an hour to get him connected and about fifteen minutes to disconnect him at the end of the treatment. Woody started out the day upstairs printing off his crossword puzzles and other things on the computer. He came down when I had his breakfast ready. He has done quite a bit of reading today along with some TV watching. After I got him connected, I had lunch and then I got back to working on more cleaning and the rest of the decorating. I finished the cleaning in the living room (tonight's photo) and then moved on into the dining room. I dusted and polished the hutch/china cabinet and then got out the Precious Moments Nativity. AND that completed my decorating for this year. Of course, now comes the part of fitting all the boxes back in the Christmas closet...a real puzzle...that can be done another day...or over several days. All the boxes are in the upstairs hall and in the office and probably a few in the guest bedroom! It will take a while. At least they are not all out this year. I forgot to give the big news of the day for yesterday...the leaf truck came and all the leaves that were in our yard by the curb were all vacuumed up and taken away. Our "yard crew" definitely came on the right day when they came Wednesday!
Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment