Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The End is Nearer!

Well, tomorrow is the end of the year...does that seem possible...in some ways this year has gone by quickly and in others it has seemed verrrrrry long! I can't believe how many months that we have sheltered at home...most of the year. Definitely the activities of this year have been LOTS less than other years. I have read more, done more things around the house, found more ways to keep from going to stores, etc. I have been avoiding Walmart these days. I have several over-the-counter meds that I get at WalMart. Woody had a prescription to pick up at our locally owned pharmacy so I decided that I would get my over-the-counter meds there...a bit more expensive, but a lot less exposure to people there...there were only two people other than the folk who work there...again, LOTS less than would have been in WalMart! I was in and out very quickly even with picking out a sympathy card. So my one outing today was to the pharmacy. Today was also the day to place Woody's next order for dialysis supplies. I got that done even though when I called they had a recording saying that due to high volume it would be better to call back another day. But our assigned day was today so I decided to stick it out on hold. It didn't take any time at all for my call to be answered and not very long to get our next order placed. Fresenius Kidney Care is definitely a well-oiled machine! Woody's job of the day was to take the stitches out of his incision where the dermatologist removed the mole. That I didn't volunteer to help with...not my cup of tea...felt all weak in the knees just thinking about it. I did get him some tweezers and a little pair of scissors. He siad that he "thought" that he had gotten it out but wasn't sure since he couldn't see it very well. Again...I didn't look! Woody also made the trek outside to move the car into the garage. There is a possibility of some high winds along with lots of rain tomorrow night. I cooked a pork roast this afternoon. That had the house smelling really good. We had roast and roasted potatoes for supper. I chose not to put foil on the bottom of the pan which was a mistake. I will be checking on the pan that has been soaking for quite a while after I publish this...other than that pan the kitchen is all cleaned up for the night. I know that it is Wednesday as I had my "library" chat with Donna this afternoon. We are thinking about doing a little work in the actual library in a couple of weeks. It has been neglected for months due to the church pretty much being closed to traffic. The church is opening back up slowly but surely so I guess it is time for us to go in and see what needs to be done. Donna stopped in a few weeks ago and said that quite a lot of books have been returned so we need to check them in and shelve them. Perhaps it is time to consider making an order for some new books. I don't think that we made any orders last year...I can't think of a year since I have worked in the library (over 40 years) that no new books were added! We will be behind in our book series! Everything is going smoothly for Woody's dialysis today. He is in the 4th of today's 4 cycles and will be finished in a couple of hours. We have an inventation to go to "the farm" (Nathan & Kathy and crew's). The invitation was issued by Joseph. He has a new little wiggly, squirmy puppy that he wants to introduce to us. Woody is still deciding if he is up to that trek or not. We don't have much of a window to go...just a few hours in the morning. I guess he will decide in the morning. He says that he is "still thinking." In case anyone is wondering...the quarantine is over for their family. And, to their knowledge no one else got Covid. So if we go I am sure that a photo of Joseph's Christmas present from us will be the blog photo tomorrow night...that is, if the puppy stands still long enough! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, for a couple more days...'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment