Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Pleasures: Visits with Friends

This year the visits with friends are usually on the phone. Today I talked with a friend here in town who I hadn't visited with in a long time. We have known each other for over 50 years...she was in my original Sunday School class at First Baptist, Tullahoma. Not long after her call, a friend texted that she was going to drop something off on our porch. I had something for her so I set her package out on the porch for her to get. I did open the door and talked to her for a couple of minutes...social distanced...me inside the house with door open and she on the front porch. Later in the day I called a friend in Alabama. So a visiting kind of day. Between visiting with my friend on the front porch and my phone call this afternoon we had a rather busy time...not planned. Woody happened to check out a mole that had been bothering him and it had changed a LOT. So he made an immediate call to his dermatologist in Murfreesboro. He called a little before noon and they gave him a 1pm appointment. Yikes...we are at least an hour away. We managed to get out the driveway a little after twelve. He was only a little late for the appointment. They called him in very quickly and we were back in the car by 2:10. She did remove the mole. She said that she is sure that it is not melanoma, but due to his history she is sending it off to be checked. She is sure that it is a Pyogenic Granuloma. She is sure that she got it all. We won't know for sure for a couple of weeks when lab reports get back. But at this point have heaved a big sigh of relief. As soon as we got home, I got his dialysis treatment set up...but it got started three hours late...guess we will have a late night this evening...maybe it will be finished before midnight? That about sums up our day! Tomorrow he has his appointment with his doctor and the dialysis team at the Fresenius Kidney Care Clinic...so another day to get out and go for an appointment. Will report back tomorrow night as to how that goes. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Because 'tis the season and we all want to be well to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment