Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Last Tuesday of 2020

I think that it is sort of appropriate to have a count down of days till 2021! I have heard that 2020 may be going out with fireworks...the lightning and thunder type. I guess thunderstorms are very appropriate to see the last day of 2020 out! What a year! It only makes me wonder what 2021 could possibly have in store for us! This has been one of those days during the Christmas/New Year holidays weeks that I am trying to get back into a routine. Today was pancake, of the high protein variety, cooking day...in other words Woody was out of his breakfast choices awaiting him in the refrigerator. I got those done. He ate a couple and I cleaned up that mess...as I mentioned to him, these pancakes are heavy on ingredients...seems that everything but the kitchen sink is on the counter (and the kitchen sink is part of the counter...so...). I went back to technology for a while and I think managed to get my new iPad and the printer communicating with each other. I did manage to print a photo, but haven't tried a document yet. Once I got Woody connected for today's dialysis, I got busy on taking out items for tomorrow's trash/recycle pickup. We fill several more tall kitchen trash bags each week due to his dialysis. I wrangled both a bag from his dialysis tall wastebasket and then the one from the kitchen, which I had filled with various and sundry small wastebaskets around the house, both out to the trash can and rolled it to the end of our driveway. Then it was time to work on the recycle. The hardest part of that is ALL the boxes that accumulate over the week from the last trash pick up. I had most of the boxes that we had used this week already collapsed, but had emptied three more today so had to flatten them. By the time that I get all this out to the curb I feel like I have had quite a workout! Before he got connected to his dialysis cycler machine, he went outside. Woody had been needing what he calls the "yard bucket," a four wheeled wheelbarrow. Nathan told him where they had put it and he went out and did a little in the yard while I was getting his dialysis set up. So he had a little sunlight and fresh air prior to dialysis today. I made potato soup this afternoon...one of my favorite "comfort soups." The dishes are washing in the dishwasher and I have a little more clean up to do and then the kitchen will be closed for the day! Woody's well into his treatment for the day..."only" a couple more hours to go! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, for a few more days it is still 'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment